2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Which would you have on an FN2

Tyre Choice 
1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Jason85 
#1 ·
Ultrac sessanta - £125 currently got these but lasted less than 10k

Cont sport contact 3 £140

Goodyear Eagle F1 assym 2 £140

Bridgestone Potenza RE050a 92Y - was told these are made in Poland rather than Japan - £125

#2 ·
Hi there Jason! I was reading a magazine last week (I don't remember which one) and they were testing some high performance tyres. The Continental TRUMPED the other ones, blew them out of the water!
I was thinking about buying the Vredesteins for my Type R, but I've read loads of reviews saying they don't last very long... I think I might be going for the Contis then!

#3 ·
It was Evo mag :)
They did FWD test of about 8 tire types (you can find the test & results on their website!)
The conti's won that overall!

I've got them (fronts only lasted me 10k tbh so on new fronts) and they are brilliant tyres, loads of grip and decent in the wet!

#4 ·
Yes, you're right Scotty, it was EVO magazine! I was waiting for the missus to do her shopping, so I must have read about 80 car magazines!
Anyway, the reviews were quite positive, so now I know which tyre I'm using next!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.