2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A very faint whining noise can be heard when slowing down. Any ideas??

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
Had the same problem took into honda and had all the gearbox bearings changed... a completly different car now... could hear the whine on over run when slowing

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just phoned Honda and they said a guy will have to sit in the car with me to hear it? But what if they can not hear it, and it a few week it gets even worse??

Any ideas what I can do

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
Just phoned Honda and they said a guy will have to sit in the car with me to hear it? But what if they can not hear it, and it a few week it gets even worse??

Any ideas what I can do
I went out on my own the night before and found the best speed to hear it and the smoothest road then when I took the guy out ( as they could'nt hear it) I produced it, mine was heard at 70mph letting the car slow down in 6th to 50ish also at 70mph just applying the throttle up to eighty you could hardly hear mine but I knew it was there and it was really annoying... keep persisting he will hear it if you can! ..cause the noise is there!..

mine was only done monday last week and its dead quiet in all gears regardless what i do.. thats how your should sound good luck :eek:

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
I went out on my own the night before and found the best speed to hear it and the smoothest road then when I took the guy out ( as they could'nt hear it) I produced it, mine was heard at 70mph letting the car slow down in 6th to 50ish also at 70mph just applying the throttle up to eighty you could hardly hear mine but I knew it was there and it was really annoying... keep persisting he will hear it if you can! ..cause the noise is there!..

mine was only done monday last week and its dead quiet in all gears regardless what i do.. thats how your should sound good luck :eek:
Mine is making the same noises yours did, it usually occurs at 70mph in 6th i.e motorway cruising speeds and the whining is definitely noticeable.

I dropped my car off at the local Honda dealership to have this checked out under warranty and luckily they were able to replicate the transmission whine. They are going to put a claim in with Honda UK who hopefully won't mess me around and shall agree to getting me some replacement parts fitted under warranty.

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
Mine is making the same noises yours did, it usually occurs at 70mph in 6th i.e motorway cruising speeds and the whining is definitely noticeable.

I dropped my car off at the local Honda dealership to have this checked out under warranty and luckily they were able to replicate the transmission whine. They are going to put a claim in with Honda UK who hopefully won't mess me around and shall agree to getting me some replacement parts fitted under warranty.
mine done under warranty and only 2 weeks left to go so should do yours

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts

Any ideas what I can do
how did you get on mate:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts