2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
# MOD 7 - Iconicauto-Design Type-R visual mods

I promised the next Update will be epic...
So what happened? Basically before i bought the car I had an Civic EP1 as daily driver. the car was nice and in good condition for it's age.
pretty mint but I wanted an estate for a long time so I was deciding between a Skoda Octavia RS and an Accord CU1 Tourer.
Then I found the Civic FK Tourer and knew that I would stick some type r parts on it and bought one.

At first I was really unsure if I should go with minimalistic styling from Maxton Design but soon decided to go full bonkers and got in contact with Steve from Iconicauto-Design :)(y)
I ordered the front lip and matching side skirts. They fit for the limousine and the estate as they have the same doors etc and are the same up to the c-pillar.

The package arrived and i did some test fitments with the front lip and side skirts but what was clear is that I would go to a body shop for fitting those side skirts.
I took the opportunity to also color match the wheel arches in shiny black (same as front lip, side skirts and rear diffusor)

I am so happy with the outcome. pretty mad

First picture in front of the body shop with the unpainted wheel arches and front lip

And now the result :love::love::love:

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do

Big thanks to Steven from Iconicauto-Design for crafting these kits for our non Type-R car's!!!

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Car looks really good. Body kit finishes off the car nicely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
# MOD 8 - Civic sport mesh insert and fog light housing + modulo fog lights

This one is a change which took longer than I wish it would...
To install the fog light covers you need to take of the front bumper which is really tricky cause of the tabs which you need to release first. urghs :/
While I was changing the mesh and fog light covers I installed the JDM Modulo Fog lights which look perfect on and off :love:

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Loving the front lip, nice work. Do you have any pictures with the wheels fitted?

Reactions: shortc_t

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
# MOD 9 - Eibach 20mm Spacers (per side)

these goddamn spacers botheres me quite a bit!
as we in germany are suffering from special MOT laws... also called TÜV in which is stated for wheels and mods:

"The wheels are not allowed to stand out wider than the actual body of the car and need to be approved in combination with spacers and lowering springs to be road legal"

As some of you maybe know the Motec wheels have no cut outs on the rim itself for spacers thats why you need to think of a width wich harmonises with the combination and where you don't need to replace the wheel studs.

If you look at the picture of the spacers and the wheels you get the deal 😁

So I was waiting for a sunny day and jacked up the car in the driveway and got to start with it. Was protecting the car with protective covers and started to trim the existing wheel studs to length that they don't hit the wheel and are flush with the spacer. Everything worked out well and this is the final result

I am absolutely happy with the result and will post the pictures of the car with wheels fitted in some minutes!

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Looks fantastic - spacers really make a difference, well worth doing. I had the same problem with the studs being too long - they work fine on the oem 18" wheels as there is a recess already in the wheel. The rays wheels though although they have a cut-out its not deep enough - i had to get my big drill and make it a few mm deeper to allow clearance for the studs - eek!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Looks fantastic - spacers really make a difference, well worth doing. I had the same problem with the studs being too long - they work fine on the oem 18" wheels as there is a recess already in the wheel. The rays wheels though although they have a cut-out its not deep enough - i had to get my big drill and make it a few mm deeper to allow clearance for the studs - eek!
thank you Rob! It's a thing I really hate to play around with studs where your wheels are bolted on to... But torqued it to spec and checked several times so it is safe,
I love your wheels... unfortunately these are not road legal in germany so I had no chance on going with the Motec!
Do you have a problem with the drilled wheels in terms of balancing or vibrations in the steering wheel?

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
thank you Rob! It's a thing I really hate to play around with studs where your wheels are bolted on to... But torqued it to spec and checked several times so it is safe,
I love your wheels... unfortunately these are not road legal in germany so I had no chance on going with the Motec!
Do you have a problem with the drilled wheels in terms of balancing or vibrations in the steering wheel?
no, no issues with balance - i've only removed a very small amount of material and its close to the centre of the wheel, and only on the rears. not re-checked them but no vibration so pretty sure they're fine. the fronts on mine i have just 5mm slip on spacer as the wheel has a lower offset already.

·
Registered
277 Posts
May I say that the tourer is a stunning looking car to begin with but yours looks amazing the new wheels make a massive difference but the Prelude is out of this world two cars to be very proud of

Sent from my Bush10Nou using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
no, no issues with balance - i've only removed a very small amount of material and its close to the centre of the wheel, and only on the rears. not re-checked them but no vibration so pretty sure they're fine. the fronts on mine i have just 5mm slip on spacer as the wheel has a lower offset already.
Ah okay! In germany that would be a reason to fail MOT or to pull your car away from the streets :D
For the 5mm slip on Spacer I still need to check if that would be okay with the law as you need 6 full rotations for the wheel bolt.

May I say that the tourer is a stunning looking car to begin with but yours looks amazing the new wheels make a massive difference but the Prelude is out of this world two cars to be very proud of

Sent from my Bush10Nou using Tapatalk
Thank you mate! The prelude is my diamond and undergoing some technical revision like new tech and stuff, hopefully it will be back on the road next year! :)

Car looks incredible. Really like the kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you mate! :)

21 - 35 of 35 Posts