1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
No Jedi mind tricks pls
394 Posts
Looks good.............. But personally i wouldn't buy a car of Ebay.... Too many doubts etc... IMO

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Looks like the owner has spent a bomb on this car, i would expect if thay have, then it will be a minter and the owner will be a perfectionist.

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
Thats a really nice motor indeed! Its not done dead chavvy which is what i really like.

As for buying cars from ebay: I have bought AND sold cars on ebay and its fine. You just need to be careful as always.

This auction i would stay away from with the guy only having 4 feedback...

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Looks like the owner has spent a bomb on this car, i would expect if thay have, then it will be a minter and the owner will be a perfectionist.
And if this were the case, why sell on Ebay??

If the car is that good, then people would be biting his hands off for it and there would be no need to sell on Ebay

·
Registered
140 Posts
Looking at the car / current spec and price my first thoughts are:

Possible accident damaged car... mainly due to the full respray as unless your a painter yourself this would cost the best part of 2-3K alone depending upon how much you strip and rebuild the car yourself.
Also if you factor in what the car's standard value would have been at the start of this project (say a year ago atleast) ... then that is a hell of a wedge of money to add onto a car and then only ask 15K for it.

The one puzzling aspect is no limited slip diff?

Must say though I really like the gunmetal grey wheels... wonder what they'd look like on my silver fn2 :)

·
Registered
960 Posts
I would of thought it would be ok its not like your going to send £15,000 in paypal and the royal mail shows up with your car all taped up in a jiffy bag in a few days (or a few weeks), its more a way of advertising, as you would go and have a check of it first before you parted with your money.

Anyway the car does look really good and as a few others have said the owner has spent a fair bit of cash on it and you would presume they would have looked after it.

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
how the hell did they fit that massive supergharger in there?! wow!

love the suede "rally" dash upholstery....
paddle clutch? does that mean he has steering wheel paddles? I can still see the manual stick etc in the car... or is that just some type of clutch.
love the tinted rims... might get that done to mine as I think they would look great on my crystal black.

overall I would say this looks like it has been done very professionally and very tastefully. If anyone was to want to buy, you would obviously just go to visit the car and get all appropriate checks made on the car and an extra inspection like an RAC check or whatever.

·
Shake & Bake!
1,472 Posts
where the HKS exhaust it mentions as it cant see the covers in the pics?

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
says 293 for power, already have this posted else where on the forum Gee ;)

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
i dont understand the whole selling cars on ebay issue. selling on ebay still means you can go to see the car! would you concider autotrader better?

on another note i saw a supercharged type r in milano at santapod and it was awesome!

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
paddle clutch? does that mean he has steering wheel paddles? I can still see the manual stick etc in the car... or is that just some type of clutch.
paddle clutch is a clutch where its a slightly different design of the friction plate as you can see in the links below it has segments instead of one plate.
paddle clutch
standard clutch plate
in general it can handle more power but will loose the smoothness of a plate clutch. paddle clutches are more used in racing specced cars and probably a bit severe for every day driving

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Not a real white on though..... :-( The LSD would have made all the difference...

Tom

1 - 20 of 30 Posts