2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I replaced my fascia for the non glossy Type R one and while i was removing the lower dash, the white pipe attached to it came loose and i removed it when pulling back on the lower dash.

The pipe came free very easily and did not require any force.

Can anyone tell me what this pipe is for? It looks like it holds some kind of sensor. I can not see inside for any connectors and i don't fancy taking the whole lower part of the dash apart to re attach it.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
There is a temperature sensor down by the steering wheel - could be that :)

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.

Its the white hose pictured here, just left behind the indicator:

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Looks like a pipe for the temp sensor to me.........

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Yep agree with that :)

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers lads,

Just spoke with a very helpful guy at DeVries Honda in Hull. He explained the pipe is the sensor for the climate control and the hose fits to a box just above the clip for the diagnostics computer. Which is located above the pedals.

Can't find it though but at least i don't have to take the dash apart to get to it. I'll post a picture if i can when it's sorted.

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
The hose fits to the sensor on the trim just above the steering column which hides the gap and screws holing the visor in. The white clip just below the hose plugs in to the same sensor; a bit fiddley to get it back on.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well that was an epic disaster.

I took the car to Devries and asked the guy there, he pointed it out to me which was a white pipe just above the diagnostics port, next to the pedals. He advised me to completely remove the lower dash.

In this process i managed to break two flimsey clips on the side of the lower dash which fits onto a piece of plastic facing the door. I also broke a clip on the plastic surround that fits over the visor.

The plastic surround looks fine and does not move about with the broken clip, the plastic on the lower dash does not look too good however. In the process of trying to fit the plastic back on, i applied a bit more force than was probably neccesary and as a result i heard some rattleing coming from what looks like a fuse box to the right of the accelerator pedal. Now the car will not start throwing up warning lights for engine and VSA. Checked the fuse box and nothing looks loose but its too dark to really see anything.

I don't think i could have made more of a **** up if i tried. And i still did not get the bloody hose back on!

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You just saved me a load of money.

Fuel cut off was activated when i hit the panel, pushed the switch and all is well.

Thanks again.

·
Vivid Blue Rocks!!!
1,228 Posts
That pipe is a pain in the proverbial to refit, and it you don't get it right the climate control system won't operate correctly.
But this been Civinfo, a way of testing if the pipe is correctly seated has been devised and is in the 'Possible Faults' section of this Wiki page

http://www.civinfo.com/wiki/index.php?title=Climate_Control

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks,

I paid Honda to re fit it for me, i was charged £57 inc VAT.

I hope they fit it correctly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts