2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My niece is wanting a type r after seeing mine but she wants one in white. I am led to believe these are rare. Can someone let me know the details so I can pass the info on please. Are they all imports or where there some white uk cars made?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Full answer may be found in the wiki I suspect, but I'll give you a brief overview.

The championship white was released as a limited edition. At a very rough guess about 600 UK models were released. They were fitted with LSD.

This was followed by Mugen 200 (no prizes for guessing how many), which had some good looking bits stuck on and nice wheels.

Also the Mugen 20 was released, but this cost a small fortune and was mental with improvements to performance and styling parts.

On reflection I think 600 for the CW is too low, I'm sure someone will know the exact figure, or maybe that website that was on Top Gear that time?

My niece is wanting a type r after seeing mine but she wants one in white. I am led to believe these are rare. Can someone let me know the details so I can pass the info on please. Are they all imports or where there some white uk cars made?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

·
regrets his username
7,981 Posts
You have the original: The Championship white, Best colour by far 600 made, quite a few up for sale now.

M200 (mugen) is the same as the championship white but with different front and rear splitters and 19" alloys. 200 made. Still quite high in value but more and more are up or sale.

And if she's flush the one and only M20 (mugen) only 20 made very expensive 240bhp full mugen tune up full mugen body kit (the works basicly). This is the rare one.

Word of warning the white is the best colour they look gorgeous BUT it is a full time job keeping them clean ideally every weekend and if she goes for the championship white the white alloys do need cleaning constantly else they get ruined by brake dust etc etc, leave the car for more than a week without cleaning and it looks a right mess.

He beat me to it so as he said but extra:D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. So they are not imports then and just limited editions? Personally I'm not a fan of white and think red or black shows the curves off best but that's just my opinion! Ill pass the info on!

·
Premium Member
6,562 Posts
Thanks guys. So they are not imports then and just limited editions? Personally I'm not a fan of white and think red or black shows the curves off best but that's just my opinion! Ill pass the info on!

Face it your colourblind. You need white in your life.

:(THE BITCH:(

·
Registered
72 Posts

The two previous Civic Type Rs (EP3 and EK9) were imported if they were white. They were the JDM spec models so were different to our UKDM ones. That might be what you are thinking of :cool:

·
768 Posts

I agree, i prefer the darker colours.:worms:

Milano was my first choice, then black but ended up with a DBP (Which i do really like now).

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Championship white all the way! Apart from the wheels not as bad to keep clean as black!

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
I take it you got your car back then
No mate still in the body shop! Went to see her yesterday! The car was just a shell! They had to remove all the interior to weld the new roof panel in! Two guys were busy flatting down the car ready for paint!
Bit pissed as I'm on holiday on Friday and going to have to hire a car for it!

·
regrets his username
7,981 Posts
No mate still in the body shop! Went to see her yesterday! The car was just a shell! They had to remove all the interior to weld the new roof panel in! Two guys were busy flatting down the car ready for paint!
Think i would of cried then fainted seeing it like that, wouldn't of crossed my mind that the interior needed removing as well, be worth the wait though, all ready on your return :)

·
Registered
905 Posts
Complete respray of the full car then?if so at least the paint will be better quality than it came out of the factory with

1 - 20 of 24 Posts