2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed on my 2010 FN2 front and rear antiroll bars from whiteline. Everything seemed fine until tonight..... we were 4 people in the car and with luggage and i heard some noises from the back, some knocking .......it sounds like something is touching the RARB....my guess it is the exhaust.....i did not get any chance to check it , will go next week to look under the car. Anyone experienced something like that?

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
I get a knocking/grinding noise when the car is cold and only if I do a tight turn, so usually when I'm pulling out my drive in the morning.
I don't worry about it, although I will have a look tomorrow to see if anything is close the the rear bar for it to be rubbing.
FYI I have the Bilstein b14 Coilovers with the RARB.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What you say sound more like the noise i had some time ago......but from the front axle....not related to whiteline ARB. If you have a chance to check it let me know what it is.......maybe some pictures....

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Mines all polybushed, spoon rigid collar kit and buddyclub rsd coilovers and it was silent and i then had the rear anti roll bar fitted and j's racing c pillar bar and I get the old creaking on uneven roads. Worth checking the brackets are spaced correctly as on oem and milltek exhaust it's a tight fit due to size of rear box.

Also the more rigid you make the car the more creaks you'll start getting.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes ....i know what you say Leigh but i am not talking about creaks ......something is really knocking on something else down there.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Yes ....i know what you say Leigh but i am not talking about creaks ......something is really knocking on something else down there.
If its knocking then I'd say the u clamps that hold it to the rear beam need spacing further apart. If I followed the instructions then the brackets hit the exhaust back box so I spaced them to clear. So might be worth checking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts