2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having problems fitting a whiteline rear anti roll bar. I'm finding the 8mm cap screw isn't long enough to secure the handbrake cable through the whiteline bracket to the captive nut. Did anyone else have the same problem?

I'm also finding the 39.5mm washer that sits on top of the spring perch is barely wide enough to secure the whole assemble together. Has anyone got any pictures of when they fitted theirs' to confirm that this is correct. I've been speaking to CPL about all this and as per usual Lynn has been brilliant but we're both a bit stumped about the problems. Any help would really appreciated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Yes my bolts were to short I bought longer ones from b&q. When lined up right the fixing washers do hold but your right they could of been bigger. Also on the u bolts I would recommend spring washers as the thread on the can be easily stripped. Sorry no pictures..had mine on for over a year and still going strong.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes my bolts were to short I bought longer ones from b&q. When lined up right the fixing washers do hold but your right they could of been bigger. Also on the u bolts I would recommend spring washers as the thread on the can be easily stripped. Sorry no pictures..had mine on for over a year and still going strong.

Thanks for confirming the bolts are too short. With the fixing washer did centre it over the hole then tighten the whole assembly down to keep it balancing on the lip?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice, I'll give another go this weekend and see how it goes. Got a link to the bolts you used?

Sent from my Nokia 3310

1 - 9 of 9 Posts