2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who are the best or purely subjective favourites for Type R tuning in Japan?

Purely out of curiosity.

Bonus points for-

-Dealing with Civic Type R especially FD2 and FN2
-Pictures or even Videos
-Reasons

PS, I'm unsure, Mugen is an obvious but expensive choice. I assume their parts are very safe and strong. Spoon also got to be a favourite.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now need to crack open the Civic Hyper Rev magazine for inspiration!

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
From Hyper Rev mag, FD2 / FN2 generation articles include...

Feels
Seeker
CK Engineering
Techno Pro Spirits
Boned
Top Fuel
J's Racing
RGO
Wing Takeo
SR Factory
M&M
Max Racing
Mugen
Spoon

Problem is that all articles are in Japanese and I know nothing about the demo vehicles. I would like to find out though. This is without looking at tuning companies that show older models of Type R in the mag.

I haven't even thought about America yet!

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
So many companies in Japan tune the K20 engines and setups like suspension etc so there's no shortage of stuff on the market.

However there don't seem to be as many mods for the externals of the car (FN2) anyways. Yes there's Mugen but that's all really. (Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place).

Not that I'd ever do much to the bodywork of the FN2 these days. My Max Power days are well behind me. Lowered with nice wheels is more than enough for me, but the full Mugen kit is growing on me.

I totally forget the video on youtube but it had some fantastic tuned Honda's in a shootout with other Japanese cars, iirc one was vs a skyline and they kept up. If i find the vid I'll link it.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
From Hyper Rev mag, FD2 / FN2 generation articles include...

Feels
Seeker
CK Engineering
Techno Pro Spirits
Boned
Top Fuel
J's Racing
RGO
Wing Takeo
SR Factory
M&M
Max Racing
Mugen
Spoon

Problem is that all articles are in Japanese and I know nothing about the demo vehicles. I would like to find out though. This is without looking at tuning companies that show older models of Type R in the mag.

I haven't even thought about America yet!
I've been over to Japan a few times. Seeker is a small 2 man outfit but they have produced some great cars with the help of Spoon and Mugen supplying some parts. Their B18 EG is iconic:grin2:

FEEL's is a group of garages/tuning shops. I think they have 3 in Japan. I've only ever been to the one in Tokyo.

They have produced some amazing cars. Their FD2 runs 0.58 around Tsukuba. Still NA. Seriously quick.

J's Racing produce some amazing Touge cars. Some of their Super Taikyu cars are built by another tuner in Osaka under the guidance of J's. The attention to detail on J's cars is second to none..

SR Factory were K-car tuners. Beat etc. Not sure about their FD2/K20 credentials.

Techno Pro Spirits have produced some quick cars. Been in Best Motoring a few times. Pretty sure they built a K20 Toyota MR-S a few years back..:nerd:

For the ultimate engine builder check out K-Tech. Their engine rooms are so clean you could eat your dinner off the floor0:)
They use TODA stroker kits on their K20 builds and have built engines for Taikyu cars.

I don't know much about M&M Honda. Only that their Hyper Aero kits are stunning. And very very rare.

Top Fuel built insane turbocharged cars. Their EK9 was dubbed the Top Fuel RR. Pretty sure it was featured in Best Motoring back in the late 90s.

Spoon, well. Enough said really. Pretty much everyone has heard of Spoon. First time I visited in 2007 they were all super polite and welcoming. We got some freebies and a tour of the facilities.

Ichishima was very passionate about his tuning philosophy of improving the feel of the car to the driver. This is more important than seeking to increase power.

Mugen have been around for years. Again, top facilities. Friendly staff who couldn't wait to give us a tour of the place and talk about the engines they had on display from Indy 500 to the Mugen Motul Civic.

Never heard of Boned, RGO or Wing Takeo. What Hyper Rev are you reading? I have 174 which is a Integra/Civic combo one. Red cover.

What about Toda Racing and Backyard Special?:wink3:

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
So many companies in Japan tune the K20 engines and setups like suspension etc so there's no shortage of stuff on the market.

However there don't seem to be as many mods for the externals of the car (FN2) anyways. Yes there's Mugen but that's all really. (Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place).

Not that I'd ever do much to the bodywork of the FN2 these days. My Max Power days are well behind me. Lowered with nice wheels is more than enough for me, but the full Mugen kit is growing on me.

I totally forget the video on youtube but it had some fantastic tuned Honda's in a shootout with other Japanese cars, iirc one was vs a skyline and they kept up. If i find the vid I'll link it.
FEEL's do a few aero parts for the FN2: HONDA CIVIC FN2 TypeR EURO | ????????

Seeker do as well: FN2 TypeR EURO - SEEKER WEB ?????

I like the Honda ACCESS stuff: http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/auto-archive/civictype-r/2011/euro/pdf/civic_type_R_euro_accessories_catalog_1010.pdf

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
J's Racing mate, check out there website for some lovely FN2 goodies. Awesome quality and finish of products proved on track and touge.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been over to Japan a few times. Seeker is a small 2 man outfit but they have produced some great cars with the help of Spoon and Mugen supplying some parts. Their B18 EG is iconic:grin2:

FEEL's is a group of garages/tuning shops. I think they have 3 in Japan. I've only ever been to the one in Tokyo.

They have produced some amazing cars. Their FD2 runs 0.58 around Tsukuba. Still NA. Seriously quick.

J's Racing produce some amazing Touge cars. Some of their Super Taikyu cars are built by another tuner in Osaka under the guidance of J's. The attention to detail on J's cars is second to none..

SR Factory were K-car tuners. Beat etc. Not sure about their FD2/K20 credentials.

Techno Pro Spirits have produced some quick cars. Been in Best Motoring a few times. Pretty sure they built a K20 Toyota MR-S a few years back..:nerd:

For the ultimate engine builder check out K-Tech. Their engine rooms are so clean you could eat your dinner off the floor0:)
They use TODA stroker kits on their K20 builds and have built engines for Taikyu cars.

I don't know much about M&M Honda. Only that their Hyper Aero kits are stunning. And very very rare.

Top Fuel built insane turbocharged cars. Their EK9 was dubbed the Top Fuel RR. Pretty sure it was featured in Best Motoring back in the late 90s.

Spoon, well. Enough said really. Pretty much everyone has heard of Spoon. First time I visited in 2007 they were all super polite and welcoming. We got some freebies and a tour of the facilities.

Ichishima was very passionate about his tuning philosophy of improving the feel of the car to the driver. This is more important than seeking to increase power.

Mugen have been around for years. Again, top facilities. Friendly staff who couldn't wait to give us a tour of the place and talk about the engines they had on display from Indy 500 to the Mugen Motul Civic.

Never heard of Boned, RGO or Wing Takeo. What Hyper Rev are you reading? I have 174 which is a Integra/Civic combo one. Red cover.

What about Toda Racing and Backyard Special?:wink3:
Quality post thanks for the detail.

I also have Hyper Rev 174. But this one has a white cover.

Didn't realise Seeker were a 2 man band. Impressive for the size of company.

I remember some Toyota MRS's with 2ZZ-GE engine conversions, the Toyota high lift 1.8. A K20 must have been complex to put in, not much room I guess.

Also remember the Top Fuel EK9 from a magazine many years ago. Didn't take enough notice back then.

Look forward to reading about the Feel's car.

Impressive these companies show you around.

Attention to detail is very important, especially with some of the parts prices, interested in J's racing. I'm sure they did a K20 Jazz years ago too.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

They are my only issues!

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ahh nice. I have 174..

Others are here: ???? ?????????
VTEC Sports is ace too: ???? ?????????
Wow, don't tempt me, I would love lots, especially vtec sports!!!

I got them from injection imports on this site, £25 an issue, has access to many. Really like to have more but rather expensive.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Wow, don't tempt me, I would love lots, especially vtec sports!!!

I got them from injection imports on this site, £25 an issue, has access to many. Really like to have more but rather expensive.
I bought most of mine when I was over in Japan. 2,000 Yen a pop. Back then was about £10. A lot more now.:frown2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts