2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i have just orderd my car and my dad made me have this sealent stuff he has on his bmw.

Apaarently it means you dont have to wax it for 3 years and he says his brother without wishes he had got it because it looks so good clean.

anyway wonderd if anyone has this feature as it seems quite cool?

regards scott harris

·
estranged
391 Posts
My Father-in-Law bought that option for his Jazz, cost £300 if I remember correctly. He seemed very pleased with it, and considering he's tighter than Mallard's posterior, it must have been quite something to make him pay for it.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think it is worth and seeing as im 17 if someone gets my car dirty i would still kill them but at least it makes life a bit easier.

and that picture shows how amazing it looks with it, im glad my dad told me to have it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had Jewelultra Diamondbrite put on by my dealer, it cost £350 and has a 6 year guarantee. My father recommened it he's had it on two cars now. Only had the civic 10 days but it cleans up well.
P.S he's also tight so it can't be bad!

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Chucky I assume by the £350 price that you got the Diamondbrite premium + kit? I have been charged £220 for premium kit which I thought was not to bad if the stuff does what it claims.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had supaguard put on mine at a cost of £130 but it does not shine like fedarows car. What else do you use on it? or maybe you could just come round and do mine for me!

·
Registered
35 Posts
My dealer recommended GuardX cost £300 for interior and exterior protection. My car is NHB and I was never happy with the shine after washing it. Decided to go down the route of using Meguiars products, so much happier, deep shine looks with a mirror finish. Save your money, go to Halfords and buy the complete Maguiars range or similar.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,813 Posts
I had Jewelultra Diamondbrite
That's the stuff my dealer is pushing. They are willing to do it for cost at around £150. That includes a sort of Scotchguard of the interior as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had supaguard put on mine at a cost of £130 but it does not shine like fedarows car. What else do you use on it? or maybe you could just come round and do mine for me!
Was the £130 for the supaguard inside and out? as my dealers quoting £285 for both.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,813 Posts
Mine was £170 for DiamondBrite inside & out.

I will see how shiny it comes up without waxing at the weekend when I clean it to my standards (which will then trigger rain for first thing monday morning).

·
Registered
382 Posts
Mine was £170 for DiamondBrite inside & out.

I will see how shiny it comes up without waxing at the weekend when I clean it to my standards (which will then trigger rain for first thing monday morning).
Lucky you .... it normally rains for me whilst the waxing is in progress :(

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,813 Posts
Plan B:

Wash the car in the rain - saves getting the hose out, then put it in the garage to dry:

Proper Job

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,183 Posts
do you still find swirl marks from the polishing? they seam to show up when the suns out & when parked under street lights. mines a ML so mite show up more on this colour?

i use good quality cleaning cloths and waxs, looks as new when its cleaned and waxed when the suns not out. mite be me being picky?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Superguard and all other dealer sealants are a huge rip off.

The dealer will charge up to £300 but will often throw it in for free, because its only costs them a few quid. You can buy the kits of ebay for about a £10.

As for not having to wax the car for 3 years. Well that is true but if you do wax it, it will look 10 times better.

Save your money, superguard the car yourself and save yourself the money if you want to be lazy.

But if you want the car looking its best, just wax it a few times a year:cool:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Superguard and all other dealer sealants are a huge rip off.

The dealer will charge up to £300 but will often throw it in for free, because its only costs them a few quid. You can buy the kits of ebay for about a £10.

As for not having to wax the car for 3 years. Well that is true but if you do wax it, it will look 10 times better.

Save your money, superguard the car yourself and save yourself the money if you want to be lazy.

But if you want the car looking its best, just wax it a few times a year:cool:
This has been described a "rip off" a number of times on this forum which is a little unfair. Most of the cost associated with it is labour as it takes a long time do properly. So the choice is yours, you either pay dealer labour rates to do it for you, or you take the time to do it yourself and hope you do a good job.
I also think the Honda price includes inside and outside the vehicle, i.e. the seats etc are also treated, which the ebay kits don't.

Personally I would have a go myself as the dealer probably gives such tasks to the apprentice's apprentice.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,813 Posts
Gave mine it's first wash at the weekend adn what did impress me with the DiamondBrite was how easy the dirt fell off.

be interesting to see how long the glass like finish remains.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Got Millie done by the stealer.

Diamond brite.

Cost around £300 for in and out.

Looks good, but I had to spend a lot of time getting the stuff off the window rubbers as it didn't look too good there!

I reckon buying the stuff yourself and putting it on the car yourself, with love, just cannot be beaten.

The finish is very good but TLC can do better.

"Moody still"

Charles H.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,813 Posts
Got Millie done by the stealer.

Diamond brite.

Cost around £300 for in and out.
Ruislip only charged £172 :) and having had a good look around they got none where it shouldn't have been - except for the area where I want to put my Civinfo sticker :(

·
Diesel Demon
502 Posts
I had my car done by the dealer as part of the deal that I negotiated when I bought the car. (I nailed him for free mats, free fogs & spoiler too and bought it for their cost!) It's ok , but I wouldn't pay £50 for it, never mind £300.

Like others have mentioned on the site, you can buy a diamond brite kit for a few quid on ebay and it doesn't take long at all to apply.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts