2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to find out in Civic owner's experience who is better between, AA, RAC and Green Flag, as am now thinking about getting some cover from any one of these.

May sound like a daft question I know... but what are your ratings of these? or are they pretty much the same?

Thanks to all in advance.

G

·
Premium Member
20,381 Posts
i would look at statistics rather than individual experience, it only takes one problem to ruin a reputation in an individuals eyes, for example and totally made up; I broke down and waited 3hrs for the AA they are rubbish.... but statistically they attend 98% of breakdowns within an hour. Do you see what I mean?

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
As above mate.

However, I do think they are pretty much all the same. I'm with the AA and have been since I started driving. Only had to call them out once and they were very quick :D

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
In my experience, I have used the AA and the mrs uses RAC, The AA have always been there within the hour, had a few company cars that have let me down, the mrs car broke down when Tesco fuel was naff, and we were left in the middle of a busy roundabout for 3 hours on a normal day from 12 to 3, only travelled from Worthing West Sussex to Crawley West Sussex, and the last time it took us 10 hours to get home, had to go on the back of lorry as immobiliser unit packed up, but it is personal preference. :D

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
go with whoever is offering the best deal, you may even get some m&s vouchers out of it:D
Also checkout quidco for some super cash back deals :D

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
some bank does green flag as part of the benfits... mine (RBS) does and its included in the monthly price foral the rest like travel insurance etc etc. Check with your branch

·
Registered
45 Posts
GEM aren't too bad, they use local recovery people. No questions asked, I have family cover with them and it covers the person, not the vehicles! Price is very reasonable..we did have an issue one time where the recovery person wanted payment (mis-communication between GEM and local recovery) for recovery but afte this, GEM were swiftly onto the case and realised the wrong-doing and re-imbursed us with Marks and Spencer vouchers (£50). So they don't hold back if they have made an error! Just make sure you get the better cover with them and it should still be cheaper I think.

Check out Quidco to see if you can get any discounts on any of the companies also!

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
GEM aren't too bad, they use local recovery people. No questions asked, I have family cover with them and it covers the person, not the vehicles! Price is very reasonable..we did have an issue one time where the recovery person wanted payment (mis-communication between GEM and local recovery) for recovery but afte this, GEM were swiftly onto the case and realised the wrong-doing and re-imbursed us with Marks and Spencer vouchers (£50). So they don't hold back if they have made an error! Just make sure you get the better cover with them and it should still be cheaper I think.

Check out Quidco to see if you can get any discounts on any of the companies also!
That was my understanding as well, anyone can make a mistake, local recovery are on a contract basis so if they muck up then they lose the contract, its big bucks for them. I just don't think you get the "standardized" approach that you get from AA or RAC - Who cares, pick me up man! lol

Quidco, ftw!

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
I just go for the cheapest one, considering I've only used breakdown cover once in 20 years it doesn't matter if I have to wait a bit.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
My mate broke down abroad and had AA cover, to be fair they were awesome, they picked his car up and took it to bmw, supplied us with a focus to get us back to england and had a hyundai over here. Then paid for his flight back out to france (i had to pay for my seat), gave us another car to get to the hotel (paid for) and then went to the village where bmw is, then a taxi from the rental garage to bmw, and then paid for the ferry home!!!!! Not bad for £60 odd worth of cover:p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts