2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Will you be buying a 9G in the new year?

• Yes, a 2.2, where do I sign?

Votes: 25 12.1%
  • Yes, a 1.8 or 1.4, where do I sign?

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • Na, I'm holding out for the small-diesel

Votes: 14 6.8%
  • Nope.

Votes: 153 73.9%
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
I will be buying an EX GT in Blue with the Premium Pack as I want a boot tray and as I live in London Side Door Protectors. March 1 delivery.

However I do not want leather seats so hope there is an option to have at least a fabric mix.

My dealer will also have to replace the radio with a DAB unit if he wants the sale.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
If i decide to stick with diesels then I will probably get a 2.2 EX GT at some point.

Won't get one straight from release though, they're bound to have some teething problems.

·
Administrator
21,246 Posts
My current planned change date is March 2013, however, if NH Dan comes up with a deal I can't refuse in September 2012 then you never know.

Having seen the photos and the equipment list then I'm quite happy to stick with Honda. The main factor that would have changed my mind would have been 'son of i-shift' coming back and no proper auto version.

·
Registered
83 Posts
In 2 minds, we have a 2006 2.2 Sport, def don't need a diesel now so looking at petrol version, but for the money on new civic could get second hand CRV with 4 wheel drive. But I do like the look of new car and wife says she wouldn't mind getting another, will need a proper drive in one though for a couple of days, if the ride is the same as our current one, definitely a no no!!

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
My current planned change date is March 2013, however, if NH Dan comes up with a deal I can't refuse in September 2012 then you never know.

Having seen the photos and the equipment list then I'm quite happy to stick with Honda. The main factor that would have changed my mind would have been 'son of i-shift' coming back and no proper auto version.
I will be honing my Jedi mind skills over the next 11 months dont worry...

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Looking at the new pictures and videos I might be interested in trading up if they have improved some of the issues with the current car. However I wouldn't buy one in early 2012 as I'd like them to get all the bugs out of the car first. Maybe late 2012, early 2013.

Also need to see prices and specs before committing but I'll go and have a look at Grantham Honda when they get the new car in the showroom.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Would only consider it if the ride, comfort, and sound proofing is at least as good as a Focus. I am also looking for 1.8 petrol performance with 50 mpg.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The 9G is a massive disappointment. To be fair, it might look better in the flesh, but at the minute it looks like I will be keeping my CRZ for a while longer.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would only consider it if the ride, comfort, and sound proofing is at least as good as a Focus. I am also looking for 1.8 petrol performance with 50 mpg.
Combined? Neither focus or Civic do that on.a 1.8.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
Wow Honda that's 16 provisional sales you have made so far out of 36,779 civinfo members. Great result Honda. Oh hold on a miniute, no it's not:(

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts

Ha ha, buy a Honda lawnmower you may get near that.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
The only thing that might currently make me change, would be a decent Petrol Turbo ...

Oh - and infinitely free beer, women, and petrol !!! ...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Depends on how the test drive goes-if the ride is not comparable with focus or Golf then no-our roads are so bad that ride takes on more importance than handling for me

1 - 20 of 81 Posts