2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
I clicked on this thread thinking I was on my way to a good debate about the 9G and argue that it was most defiantly aimed at the older generation.

Instead I saw your link and proceeded to spit Fanta all over my phone :p

·
Administrator
21,151 Posts
ClassicFM having my details is a step too far !

I wouldn't have won anyway

·
Premium Member
231 Posts

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Drive it to bingo?? I'd never enter due to the slight media coverage of it, last thing I want is my face on a classic fm advert somewhere

·
Banned
1,929 Posts

·
Administrator
21,151 Posts
Going back to the pensioners statement - if I understand it correctly Honda are holding off producing a Type R because of European emissions legislation.

This being the case they are presumably targeting the new Civic at the current buyers of the 5 door variants. These buyers will have different requirements to the Type R performance and modification boys and I think they have read the market well.

I wonder which 8G Civic variant has sold the most units and therefore has been the designers target audience?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Going back to the pensioners statement - if I understand it correctly Honda are holding off producing a Type R because of European emissions legislation.

This being the case they are presumably targeting the new Civic at the current buyers of the 5 door variants. These buyers will have different requirements to the Type R performance and modification boys and I think they have read the market well.

I wonder which 8G Civic variant has sold the most units and therefore has been the designers target audience?
Well I have a five door but I'm not a pensioner nor a Classic CM listener! I came across the link from a Honda UK tweet.

The pensioner comment was tongue in cheek as although I prefer the looks of the 8th gen, the 9th gen isn't as bad as some people are making out. The Classic FM competition link did make me smile though.

The Civic does have a strange split reputation though. People either associate then with pensioners or boy racers! I'm neither as I suspect is the case for most people on here.

·
Registered
429 Posts
If the 9G was for pensioners I would expect deliveries to be sooner than 5.5 months (as I am having to wait for my ES-T). I doubt if delivery dates like this will be much use to those near the end of their lives.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That's why I bought mine as soon as it appeared here. One can't afford to
wait when you are a pensioner. We are both still going strong after nearly
1400 kms and 5 weeks!

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
If the 9G was for pensioners I would expect deliveries to be sooner than 5.5 months (as I am having to wait for my ES-T). I doubt if delivery dates like this will be much use to those near the end of their lives.
Don't you know everything happens slowly for pensioners. ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts