2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Really wanted to share this. Yesterday I went to the dealer to get rid of a softwreabug in the CR-Z... When I arrived I saw there were 2 9th gen Civics standing there for some demo last week. I've been a customer there for quite some time and they let me drive in the Civic Executive Edition for a trip around the industry-area around the dealer... :D:D:D

The dashboard looks great, it's an evolved version of the 8th gen Civic. Seats are great too. The two things I noticed most where the quietness of the car and the amazing light feeling the car has. For what I could "test" (with the the headsalesman next to me :p) the car handles awesome. Acceleration wasn't to special in this edition, but that's cause it was a 1.6patrol version I think. The final version will get a 1.8 diesel in the Netherlands, thats should make it a bit more fun to drive.

Anyway,.. here are some pics. (sadly I only had my iPhony with me, so quality is not to great)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Blows the socks of the 8G IMO. Cool wheels. Plastics look visibly better just from these photos.

It won't have been a 1.6 - Either 1.4 or 1.8.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Then probably the 1.4, because it wasn't too fast, but like I said, couldn't really test drive on the industrial area and the salesperson next to me. :p

·
Super Moderator
21,041 Posts
These are the first set of photos that actually make it look as described by the positive reviews.

My only reservation, looking at the dash photos, is that your really going to need to be super accurate positioning the steering wheel so you don't obliterate either the speedo or rev counter. Hobsons choice !

They should have thought that one out a bit better. or maybe it's a photo illusion ?

On the 8th gen I have my wheel so I can just see the speedo. Even then it obliterates the 'light's on' display and a few other warning symbols. There is no happy medium, and looks like there still isn't. :(

·
Fuel Save Mode..
2,613 Posts
very nice man..

·
You military fool you!
321 Posts
Interior looks nice, exterior, not so keen on it, especially those wheels. It's lost some of the spaceship styling of the old one. The rear wiper is a bonus though!

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
The front is growing on me to the point I now like it, but the back is still fail and the lack of colour coded trims is another error but I guess that leaves them something to add to the future special editions and Type-S / R's.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
The front is growing on me to the point I now like it, but the back is still fail
I agree, the front is fine, but I still struggle with the rear design.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
When I was in the dealership the other day, taking a good look at the CRV for my daughter, I was invited to a party with all food and wine laid on to show it off.
Think I will go and maybe ? get my head around that rear light cluster.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
When I was in the dealership the other day, taking a good look at the CRV for my daughter, I was invited to a party with all food and wine laid on to show it off.
Think I will go and maybe ? get my head around that rear light cluster.
Never say no to a party. :D

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
That I never do FWH, but my wife is SO shy and has been so from the day I first met her.
I have had to go to more than a few dinner parties and functions in connection with my work over the years and she has had to get half sloshed, before she would come with me.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Rear looks better than in previous Photos, more Civic less Prius. Maybe it depends on the angle.

Still don't like the dashboard though, real step backwards.

I also don't understand the complaints in some of the car mags now the 9th gen has come out that the 8th gen dash was poorly laid out and complicated. It's very clear and easy to use to me and as for the rev counter being multifunction, isn't it a bit two faced that with all the Merc's and BMW's with everything on complex on screen menus accessed by a stereo style twist knob get no criticism but the 8th gen's clear functions on buttons which follow a simple cycle is too complex.

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
I missed the dealer meeting on wednesday :( starting to grow on me now..interior looks class!!rear end..not so much lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts