2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Shake & Bake!
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what lucky people are expecting a 59 Type R in next few days? Driving to Bristol this morning I noticed a transporter just past Swindon packed to the brim with fresh Champ White Type R's heading east. Looked very sweet indeed! :p

·
My sticker's crooked
472 Posts
So what lucky people are expecting a 59 Type R in next few days? Driving to Bristol this morning I noticed a transporter just past Swindon packed to the brim with fresh Champ White Type R's heading east. Looked very sweet indeed! :p
Ordered yes but still have to wait a while. Called the dealer yesterday to ask him for a more accurate delivery date than the one he could give me when I ordered it (which was on the second of May - delivery "probably September") and the latest estimate puts it at week 38-39 so that's still 3-4 weeks away.

I'm assuming you couldn't notice the presence or absence of Type R badges/decals when u were driving past? :VroumVroum01:

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
Ordered yes but still have to wait a while. Called the dealer yesterday to ask him for a more accurate delivery date than the one he could give me when I ordered it (which was on the second of May - delivery "probably September") and the latest estimate puts it at week 38-39 so that's still 3-4 weeks away.

I'm assuming you couldn't notice the presence or absence of Type R badges/decals when u were driving past? :VroumVroum01:
Out of interest mate, did you ask for a CW without the Type-R kit - your question prompts mine :D

·
My sticker's crooked
472 Posts
Out of interest mate, did you ask for a CW without the Type-R kit - your question prompts mine :D
As far as I know, mainland Europe CW Type R's do not come with the badge and decals as standard?

·
Registered
882 Posts
As far as I know, mainland Europe CW Type R's do not come with the badge and decals as standard?
bit of a raw deal, finishes them off nicely imo.

i wonder if the cars destined for europe come equiped with the rattles and all the other civic hallmarks :p

·
My sticker's crooked
472 Posts
bit of a raw deal, finishes them off nicely imo.
I agree but then again CW's don't cost that much more here than different colour Type R GTs. What's the price difference over there?

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
:( how many are they making if u've seen a lorry full of them, so much for limited edition :(

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have one on order as of yesterday ;)

Went to the dealer to see my new black GTR GT with Satnav and HFT as it has just been delivered to find it was an 08 model! :confused::mad:

Turned out it was on the production line during August 2008 :eek:

Thanks to all on here who have made it easy to spot the difference :D

A quick re-negotiation means a CW is now on its way east :D:D:D albeit without satnav :rolleyes: but who cares

I'm really happy :D:D:D:D:D now :cool:

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
nice for you mate, good luck for when it arrives, i dont begrudge anyone getting one but i bought it for the reason it was something a bit special, but hey ho, next time i'll buy an older car no longer in production when i go for the limited editions, that way i'll know for sure :D.

I bet the blue ones they are making for germany are even rarer than the white ones over here lol.

So wish i could have got one of those . . .:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
true but i wont be able to afford one of those, aswell as a toy, my car is used for everything.

I will perhaps save for some mugen bits, im thinking the wheels most as it sounds like they save loads of weight too, but so expensive dont know if it will be worth it.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
You will have to let us know what number yours is mudpie when it arrives,

·
Registered
21 Posts
josh1987 - PM me when in Pickering. I'm not that far away.

catherineJ - I bet there are lots of last years cars around, offered as new. - and not only Hondas. :)

I will say our local dealer has to be the best garage I have ever had dealings with. We have bought 3 cars from them now and can't fault the service.

I will let you know the number when i get it ;)

I Cant wait !!:dancing2:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've not quite ordered one; its already arrived!! :) Still, 09 plate now so will have to get a newer one now ;)

o

1 - 20 of 22 Posts