2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up my Type R GT on Saturday (27th) from Ilkley nr Leeds (I live in Reading, Berkshire) and was looking forward to a nice drive back (circa 300 miles) over Saturday and Sunday.

From Ilkley we drove to the nearest petrol station (thousands on a car and it doesn't come with a full tank of fuel ... tut tut!) and within 5 minutes I had been approached by 3 people! The first lady said she loved it and wanted one. The chap filling up opposite me actually worked for Honda and was asking me if I liked the car etc ... then the petrol station guy at the till started asking me loads of questions about it too!

That was all I needed to tell me the CTR was the best choice over the Golf GTI, Focus ST, Leon, Volvo etc etc... there is no way that any of that would've happened with a lesser car.

What an excellent feeling, 30 minutes after picking the thing up, compliments, admiration and good old-fashioned covetting already!
Even my good lady wife was slightly taken aback by this!

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
you should of got a full tank of fuel. i would complain about that. Alright youve paid for it in the price but its still nice to have.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
So I picked up my Type R GT on Saturday (27th) from Ilkley nr Leeds (I live in Reading, Berkshire) and was looking forward to a nice drive back (circa 300 miles) over Saturday and Sunday.

From Ilkley we drove to the nearest petrol station (thousands on a car and it doesn't come with a full tank of fuel ... tut tut!) and within 5 minutes I had been approached by 3 people! The first lady said she loved it and wanted one. The chap filling up opposite me actually worked for Honda and was asking me if I liked the car etc ... then the petrol station guy at the till started asking me loads of questions about it too!

That was all I needed to tell me the CTR was the best choice over the Golf GTI, Focus ST, Leon, Volvo etc etc... there is no way that any of that would've happened with a lesser car.

What an excellent feeling, 30 minutes after picking the thing up, compliments, admiration and good old-fashioned covetting already!
You should have had a full tank of petrol. You paid for that in the price of the car. £600 for on the road costs, which includes a tank of petrol. Have a read of your brochure (if you have one) It says in there towards the back in the small print.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did get the floor mats which make the car smell of carpet so I could live with that.

Besides I was thinking I'd prefer to put in a tank of fuel and know it's decent fuel rather than get the dealer to do it and end up with cheapy budget fuel!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should have had a full tank of petrol. You paid for that in the price of the car. £600 for on the road costs, which includes a tank of petrol. Have a read of your brochure (if you have one) It says in there towards the back in the small print.
You make a good point. Oh well, I'll know for next time.
But then I would've missed the whole experience at the petrol station!!

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
I did get the floor mats which make the car smell of carpet so I could live with that.

Besides I was thinking I'd prefer to put in a tank of fuel and know it's decent fuel rather than get the dealer to do it and end up with cheapy budget fuel!
The point is you have paid for the fuel (about £50) and didn't get it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was an import (57 plate, delivery mileage) so I paid £17,400 rather than around £19,000 so I'm not too worried about the fuel.

But you make a good point, pity I didn't think of this before!!
Usually I complain and moan and moan and complain about everything but I'm so delighted with the car that I'm just smiling thinking about driving it on Friday!

·
Registered
231 Posts

Feelin ya :cool: Gratz!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts