2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently considering a more practical replacement to my V6 TT, the limited rear seats and growing kids is becoming an issue.

Have tested a FN2, and like it, however they all seem to be red or black! Only 3 or 4 about 59 plate or newer. Ive had a red EP3 and the wifes CRV is black and a to keep clean,so want a silver CTR

Was silver an extra cost or just not popular!?

My old CTR

·
Whistlin' on a Tuesday...
1,168 Posts
Milano red was the no cost colour option while Alabaster silver metallic was a cost option.
Silver CTRs do look quite subtle and classy, but I can't argue with anyone choosing a Milano Red because they do look good on a CTR.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I've owned three fn2's!! Silver, champ White m200 and now a Milano red!!
Silver was lovely but very understated looking. Champ white is my fav fn2 colour!! But having been back in an fn2 for a week and gave it a first wash today, I must say that there is defo something about a Milano red that makes you smile when you've cleaned it!! If looked after, Milano red really looks a stunning car!! But then I think all fn2's look stunning if looked after!!

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
You should look for a blue one. But at the moment there are none that I can see on auto trader or pistonheads.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers guys

The extra cost might go some way to explaining why so few silver, i guess black would be same. Hoping that the appearance of the new CTR will bring more onto the market and possibly mean my budget goes further.
Took best part of 9 months to find my V6 manual TT, they are rare due to the now problematic and costly to repair DSG being more popular at launch

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
I'm surprised you are having a hard time finding silver FN2's. Although rarer than Milano or Nighthawk Black there are plenty out there. I just checked Pistonheads and on the first 4 pages there are at least 5, one of those being in Scotland.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had not looked on pistonheads, I dont see any silver CTR's
Looking on Auto trader at Civics 2.0ltr, under 60k, and 6 years old max shows 50 cars, 28 red, 11 black, 9 white and only 2 silver.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I think silver looks the best as it shows up all the nice lines of the design. Albaster silver was an optional extra, I remember back in 2009 when I bought mine most people were going for Milano pink which is probably the reason. I could have had a red one straight away but opting for silver meant I had to wait 3 weeks for it to be built.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
I drove from Edinburgh to Drayton Manor (just outside Birmingham) a couple of weekends ago and I saw 6 Milanos, 2 black and one silver FN2s on my travels.

As stated the silver is a bit more understated so there may have been more but i didn't notice them ;)

·
SGP Fk8
9,725 Posts
Silver is by far the slowest colour ! I'm guessing that's why there's a lot less

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
I wasn't fussed at all about the colour when I bought mine, now after owning alabaster silver for a few months I came to a conclusion it does look slow compared to milano red. Let's be honest silver is just a boring hatch/saloon/suv/whatever colour...
However, the thing about my car is it has black OEM wheels which I think is a nice addition to the silver and makes it stand out much more. And I would not have it any other way :)

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Just wonder if it's because Silver is such a common colour now, in all cars, CTR drivers want something a bit more distinctive.

I'm a bit of traditionalist. I thing hot hatches look great in red - the original Golf GTI for example. Whenever I see a red Civic I always check to see if it's a CTR.

I drive a Jazz now and that's Alabaster Silver! I wouldn't want a CTR in that colour!

·
Whistlin' on a Tuesday...
1,168 Posts
Well I still love my choice of Alabaster silver-that's why I paid extra to have it. The dealer had other colours available but I ordered mine off the production line.

Colour choice is subjective. Your favourite is your favourite. End of.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Silver is by far the slowest colour ! I'm guessing that's why there's a lot less
I was informed of this too, black was just a tad quicker which meant red was the fastest. CW and blue were not included in the timings as they didn't sell enough to go on the official timing sheet.

Milano does scrub up well

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Brown is the slowest colour. I was so close to having a silver one, then decided that it had to be red.

·
SGP Fk8
9,725 Posts
My alabaster was faster than your old shed ;)

Sent from the Boss Droid
Yeah but you had to modify it extensively to get there :p

Out of the factory Milano destroyed all the other available colours , Honda tuned the engines to make it that way :cool:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts