2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, this is my first message!
I really don't understand why on 5 doors '09 version the plastic trim will not be color coded but only "gun metal" code... :(
I'd like to buy a Crystal Black 5 doors, but I don't think that black color matches very well with gun metal color...
What do you think about this?
Do you think it will be possible to choose a color coded
plastic trim as optional?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I had mine colourcoded before delivery.. its an ´08 Sport in NHB.. looks has truly improved.. looks more complete now.. and I to don´t like the cheaper look of non colourcoded.. and do not understand either why they didn´t do from scratch.. at least aas an option..

take a look in the Gallery.. http://www.civinfo.com/forum/gallery/19208-our-colourcoded-civic-nighthawk-black-5-d.html

And welcome to the forum..

Weee I´m also faster than wheelchair..

the following haha is not a compliment.. HAHA... :-D

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
They come from the factory as you describe them.

Some dealers have been known to respray if they have the capabilities, otherwise a good auto paint shop could do the work.

Try searching for colour coding, there are several threads.

Also see:
Adding Type R parts to a non-R car - Civinfo Wiki

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to everybody!
Do you think that the "respray" will be more difficult on the already "gun metal" painted '09 version?

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
That's the big question - I'm not sure if the existing paint on the 09 plastic will need extra preparation, but I'm guessing it will and this will make it more expensive to do.

The reason for painting all the plastic on the 09 cars grey, is just to differentiate the more sporty 3 door cars.

I too would like a 5 door 09 car in black (if the price was right), but the grey trim puts me off a bit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Pottsy! I think your forum is with no doubt the best in the world! Great work, I'm going to appreciate it more and more everyday! ;)

About grey trim... :(
You have seen it live... It's a so ugly the new grey trim on Crystal Black '09 Civic?
I'm going to decide if buying a '08 model (maybe with some discount) or wait the '09 model.
For sure I will replace the new grill with a Type R style... new one is a sure design mistake...
I'd like also to replace standard 17" wheels with 17" Storm... for now, in Italy, you need about 1000 euro to have this option ('08 model price list). In the German web site this option is about 180 euro ('09 model configurator).
What do you suggest me?

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
I would wait until your 09 price list comes out, to see whether the wheel swap is now relatively cheap in your country too.

The black/grey is not that bad (it's better than the 08 look) - it's just not as nice as having the plastic painted body colour.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I would wait until your 09 price list comes out, to see whether the wheel swap is now relatively cheap in your country too.

The black/grey is not that bad (it's better than the 08 look) - it's just not as nice as having the plastic painted body colour.

I like that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And this would be a nice compromise:

View attachment 17093

Wow, great photoshop job!!!
I have no good news from Italy...
I just come back from my local dealer... He says that '09 model will be released in October 2009 in all Southern Europe (Italy, France, Spain) :(
Oh nooooo, I can't wait so long... Do you think this is true???

And about color coded plastic trim... they want 700 euro!

A question for Pottsy: is the new crystal black very different from NHB?

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
He says that '09 model will be released in October 2009 in all Southern Europe (Italy, France, Spain) :(
Oh nooooo, I can't wait so long... Do you think this is true???
We already have one member on here with an 09 car, in Poland I believe.
There must be a LOT of cars in stock in Southern Europe if this is really true.

However, he may just be saying that in order to sell you an 08 car now.

I would suggest asking a few more dealers when the 09 is available.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

All the european Civic are produced only in UK? Where precisely?
If they started the production of '09 version about 2 months ago, they will continue to produce also '08 version or the old version is only at stock?
I really don't understand why there will be different release date in different parts of europe...

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
All the european Civic are produced only in UK? Where precisely?
If they started the production of '09 version about 2 months ago, they will continue to produce also '08 version or the old version is only at stock?
I really don't understand why there will be different release date in different parts of europe...
The Euro Civic is built only in the UK.
Swindon to be exact.

The wiki is your friend:
http://www.civinfo.com/wiki/index.php?title=Where_is_the_Civic_built_and_where_was_it_designed?

I seriously doubt that they build 08 and 09s in parallel, it would be using up of finished goods (car) stock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

This morning I called Honda Italy: the '09 model will be released in Italy next spring! :)

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
This morning I called Honda Italy: the '09 model will be released in Italy next spring! :)
So the dealer was not exactly telling the truth.

What a surprise. [/sarcasm]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts