2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...does the Civic only have one seat pocket in the back?!

·
Registered
178 Posts
A very good question - and I don't know the answer, all I can say is that my old model Civic is the same, a pocket on the back of the passenger seat, but not the driver seat. Can't see a reason myself...

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Could it have something to do with distracting the driver if the rear seat passenger puts things in and out as your driving?

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suppose it could be that... but seems a bit OTT. It makes sense to have it there so the driver can feasibly reach for it, but why not on both?!?

·
Registered
273 Posts
now that you mention it, its the same in my mom's previous 2 generation civic 5-door ( not sold here apparently ).
Maybe it's their signature on all honda's :?:

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I think way back they were called 'map pockets'. Presumably only one as the driver can't reach behind his seat; wereas he can reach the passenger pocket to get his map on the steering wheel to read at 60mph, as some idiot in an MPV I passed on the A14 near Kettering was doing Saturday. [smilie=dunceblock.:

Also handy to keep a couple of airline sick bags in, just in case. [smilie=puking.gif]

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
allan, you win the prize (what prize) its from the "olden days" of maps. Always on the passenger side so driver could reach .

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
...Sorry elfa, I go back to sticky-out turn indicators, and when someone started selling a little bulb that FLASHED ON & OFF we ALL wanted to fit them! :lol:

I must admit the navigation in the EX takes some beating, brilliant. :wink: ...but I still have a couple of sick bags in the seat back pocket! [smilie=beadygrinne:

·
Registered
277 Posts
When I asked my stealer about this he mentioned it was because its within reachable distance for the driver to get "maps" or whatever ! Smacks of penny pinching to me.

I noticed on the leather seat I saw in an SE that on the back of the front seats its quite loose ie you can push the seat back material in a fair bit. Is this normal and the same in the non-leather seats ? Just thinking about our two year old in her car seat kicking the back of the passenger seat.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
With the sat nav on the EX I don't need maps/atlases in the car any more keeps the interior a lot tidier :) don't know what the fuss is all about .... :wink:

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
I had a Honda Jazz until recently and that had seat pockets on both sides. And very useful they were too! Didn't actually realise the Civic only had one. Very odd.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
I had a Honda Jazz until recently and that had seat pockets on both sides. And very useful they were too! Didn't actually realise the Civic only had one. Very odd.

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
allan40alt said:
...Sorry elfa, I go back to sticky-out turn indicators, and when someone started selling a little bulb that FLASHED ON & OFF we ALL wanted to fit them! :lol:

I must admit the navigation in the EX takes some beating, brilliant. :wink: ...but I still have a couple of sick bags in the seat back pocket! [smilie=beadygrinne:[/quote]

And hand signals in the driving test (The left turn was my favourite) 8) plus just remembered (it's an age thing) the little red book that that was the driving licence, much better than the paper thing I hae now.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
...aaah, WoolyCiv, memories; and the hand signal inside the car to a policeman if he's on traffic control and you want to turn left! ...and one extra you wanted on a new car...a passenger windscreen wiper!

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Alan dont forget the optional heater accessory - Fit a radio sir certainly, where should we mount the amplifier box [smilie=yum.gif]

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
And what about the early windscreen washers, with the knob on the dash that you had to push to pump the water. :lol:

·
Registered
87 Posts
elfa7 said:
And what about the early windscreen washers, with the knob on the dash that you had to push to pump the water. :lol:
Didn't old Beetles have their washer pump driven from the air in the spare tyre? Or is that an urban myth?

·
..with Superchips please!
336 Posts
Didn't old Beetles have their washer pump driven from the air in the spare tyre? Or is that an urban myth?
I never owned one myself, but I believe it's no myth! :lol:

·
Registered
347 Posts
elfa7 said:
My first car (E93A Ford Prefect) didn't have windscreen washers. I added them myself later.

Also, it didn't have a heater, but air conditioning was provided by a hole in the bulkhead right beside the accelerator pedal. Was that cold!!!

It also had the sticky-out turn indicators. Unfortunately, at anything over 30mph the wind pressure stopped them dropping when you switched them off. Motorway driving was a hoot. Indicate right, overtake (I don't know what it was, but it was very, very slow) Indicate left, return to inside lane. Result, sit up and beg car steaming down the Motorway at 40 mph with both indicators stuck firmly out like big orange ears.

Demisting by opening the windscreen - even colder than the hole in the bulkhead.

Windscreen wipers powered by the inlet manifold vacuum, via a rotting piece of rubber tube. The faster you went, the slower the wipers.

Nostalgia is great, just so long as you don't have to repeat it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Indeed it is true, the only problem arising when you got a puncture and had to use your spare tyre :roll:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts