2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I've noticed most great handling hatchs and even saloon cars have same or wider front track then then the rear track i.e.

the Megane 250 is wider at the front by 1.9"
my old Peugeot 306 is wider at the front by 1.1"
my old 1.2 Clio is wider at the front by 0.8"

I'm considering whether to add 10mm eibach spacers at the front to kill off some understeer (I know there more to consider then just widening) rather then lowering or adjusting the camber angles, I've picked thoses example because they all use a torsion beam rear axle

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi guys I've noticed most great handling hatchs and even saloon cars have same or wider front track then then the rear track i.e.

the Megane 250 is wider at the front by 1.9"
my old Peugeot 306 is wider at the front by 1.1"
my old 1.2 Clio is wider at the front by 0.8"

I'm considering whether to add 10mm eibach spacers at the front to kill off some understeer (I know there more to consider then just widening) rather then lowering or adjusting the camber angles, I've picked thoses example because they all use a torsion beam rear axle
My talking for years.
Your fk2 will love the spacers only in front. And you will love them too.
Look at Mugen, they put on the front 8x18 ET 46, and in the back 7,5x18 ET 55.
Your fk has a bit smaller track at the back than the fn, so 10mm each wheel in the front will be ok.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow thanks! I didnt know that about the mugen, so the larger front wings not just for show!

Im already using 17x7 ET45 wheels so I guessing another 10mm should be ok (20mm increase in the front)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.