2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ηι,
Lately I am having this wierd noise coming inside the car.

Code:
http://speedy.sh/ThaAR/Mov-0342-1.mp4
today i managed to record it with my mobile camera. My route lasted 3 minutes for 30km without any noise.Then i stopped for a minute and then when i started i got this noise

Until now the noise is not persistent. It can start 5 minutes from cold start, can reappear after 20 minutes of driving and lasted no more than 10 seconds (until now).

it seems like metallic, exists only while on the move, doesn't stop with the clutch.

I am leaning towards the left or right wheel bearing - but in this case shouldnt it be a constant noise?

looking forward to your advises

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like front or rear braking pads are ready for replacement :)

The pads has a small spring that vibrates when the pads are used to a certain point.

Try to locate if it's front or back, then change brake pads and disks.
Thanks Mike42dk for your reply,

it is a fact that i need brake pad replacement. I was planning to do a complete set replacement(ouch) in 3000km. I was told by my mechanic that disks could last with the new pads and then i should replace them.i have 95k km with the original disks.

But it is very strange to me that it doesnt happen when i am braking, i will doublecheck that.

thanks again

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
The wear indicator only makes a noise when brakes aren't being used, as soon as you apply pressure the noise goes away.

"Go Green"
Spot on.

My rear brake disks had many miles on them still, but the brake pad did not have more than few miles before it was the base metal I would be breaking with (not so effective :rolleyes:)

And as I see it it only makes sense if you change both pads and disks at the same time :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just to confirm that i did change the brakes and pads and the noise stopped.

i did the replacement with my own hands and tools like it is displayed in the video.

I have to comment that you must use the tool to press the pistons back inside especially those at the rear , which are difficult to do

1 - 9 of 9 Posts