2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We know the Wiki is down again. I'm just getting blank pages on the tablet.

I reported it yesterday afternoon but 12 hours later and they haven't replied. No excuse as they are on Canada time. They won't be back till 14:00 GMT so will be almost 24hrs, maybe, if they surf this way.

I hope it's not another months wait like last time.

New newsletter format, Wiki breaks, all in the same day, coincidence ?

I've never read the newsletter, forgot we had one.

·
Administrator
1,499 Posts
Hi Kremmen. We are 5 hours behind you, and go through all of our forum messages in our system chronological order, so if there is a delay in response time, that is why. We are not trying to dodge your messages or failing to check in. Please understand that we do administration for a number of different forums, so it does take some time to respond to everyone right away.

That said, the tech team is aware of the issue with the Wiki and are looking into it (Ticket #2991817). Not sure if there is a connection to the newsletter though, since I don't think it's actually live yet, but in the event that some preliminary work was started, we won't rule that out as an option to look into. Thanks again for bringing it to our attention and our sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

Cheers,

Erik

·
Administrator
1,499 Posts
Question from the tech team - roughly how long has the wiki not been working? Has it just been since the announcement of the newsletter changes or was it happening before that?

Erik

·
Super Moderator
21,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think that long. My guess is about 36hrs max. But I could be wrong.

I saw it mentioned yesterday as a side issue and tried it myself and reported it immediately.

We've had so many issues concerning Wiki access since the AG merge people just take it as normal and don't highlight it.

·
4,343 Posts
Sounds to me like, as a company, you have bitten off far more than you can chew, and it's us who have to suffer for your ******* (Insert whatever word that you think sounds suitable here):wink3:

·
Super Moderator
21,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let's see how long this takes to fix this time.

As I said:

Frustrating
Annoying

It was working so who's messed up what. If it ain't broke .....

They have time to play with the newsletter but not to fix important issues.

Currently 5 days

·
Administrator
1,499 Posts
EDIT: they found what was causing it break. unplugged it and confirmed the issue and now they're fixing the plugin to get both running.

Lee

·
Registered
60 Posts
Is the wiki page down at the moment,

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
@SuperSaiyanKHAN yes the Wiki has been offline since the recent forum changes.

No word on when the Wiki will be back online either...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Damn that sucks, alot of history and info now no longer visible. I did feel that this community (Civinfo) will soon fade away, i guess thats one of the signs. The MK8 and the FN2 Civics sure did bring alot of people together and keeping this site lively:cry:

Reactions: Farqui
1 - 20 of 42 Posts