2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I cleaned trotthle body . After cleaning , the car is not working properly . When working in place , rpm is 1000 , when a i go and squeeze the clutch pedal , rpm varies between 1000 to 2000 rpm.
Does anyone know what the problem is. Before lower rpm is 750.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Robin R I was actually thinking about doing the same to my engine...but now I'm kind of afraid :grin2:
How did you program the butterfly or flap?

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,275 Posts
Robin R I was actually thinking about doing the same to my engine...but now I'm kind of afraid :grin2:
How did you program the butterfly or flap?
To clean it properly you need to take it off really.

To do it in situ, I'd recommend having somebody press the throttle pedal whilst you carefully scrub a toothbrush lightly around the opening with a tiny amount of intake cleaner.

1/ DON'T put your fingers in
2/ Don't spray cleaner in, spray a tiny amount on the toothbrush
3/ Be gentle so not to damage the valve or lose bristles down the intake
3/ I cut off the fuel using the interia switch near the driver door to avoid flooding the engine. Not 100% sure if needed but I did anyway.
4/ Don't push valve manually as you can mess with the idle or worse break teeth on the cog and need a new assembly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
To clean it properly you need to take it off really.

To do it in situ, I'd recommend having somebody press the throttle pedal whilst you carefully scrub a toothbrush lightly around the opening with a tiny amount of intake cleaner.

1/ DON'T put your fingers in
2/ Don't spray cleaner in, spray a tiny amount on the toothbrush
3/ Be gentle so not to damage the valve or lose bristles down the intake
3/ I cut off the fuel using the interia switch near the driver door to avoid flooding the engine. Not 100% sure if needed but I did anyway.
4/ Don't push valve manually as you can mess with the idle or worse break teeth on the cog and need a new assembly.
Phew that was technical and I am really grateful for that!
For now I might just check the EGR valve to see how it looks, make it shiny and new again and just plug it back again after cleaning it. :smile3:

Thanks musegroove

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sorry , I'm just saw the message . My stupid mechanic cleaned tb and touch butterfly with finger. That move butterfly. And second mechanic with better or stronger computer reprogrammed tb and returned butterfly in ok position.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts