2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have the opportunity to buy a complete leather interior (doorpanels/seats/console) from a civic 2007 (5 doors), i drive a civic model 2008 sport (5 doors). Does anybody here know if the set will fit in my 2008 ?

Thanks for replying.

Greetz,

Geert

·
Registered
337 Posts
I don't know that, but I can tell you it sure looks good! When I was at the dealers some time ago, they had just brought in seats and doorpanels that they had sent to some company. They were remade in nice stiched leather (2 colors) but it came at a price (around 2000-2500 euro's).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anybody know if it would fit ?

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
Don't quote me but I think yes it will fit if its from the exact same model

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I've just swapped out seats and am having one or two glitches with the electronics. Honda Littlehampton said there could a small differences between the seats fitted per year and original specs to cause the glitches.

So my suggestion is to let me have the leather ones so that only one of us has to put up with the gremlins. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx for the info guys, what glitches are we talking about ? weightsensing for the seatbeltinfo ? That's about the only thing i have on my seats (no heated in mine). I'm gonna buy them and see what it gives ;-) Hey it's a bargain !!!! :)

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
The glitches so far have got my Honda garage confounded. While the seat sensors work and the icons show correctly for when seat belts are buckled, the warning gong does not sound if I drive off with seat belts unbuckled.

One Honda member of this site thinks it might mean something other than the ECU needs resetting.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Mmmm ...

Interesting problem ... yes, the Civic's "brain" does seen to be as quirky as the appearance ...

I had a 4 x rear parking sensor array fitted a week ago ... the supplier \ fitter [TL] showed that it worked, by asking that I reversed towards one of their vans ... progressive beeping per specification (reversing gently out of their workshop) ...

BUT - back in Norway - when I demonstrated the parking sensor function - I discovered that it also emitted (as long as I had my seat belt fastened) - a single "BEEP" as soon as I engaged reverse gear - that is, before there was any reverse movement at all ...

Very nice to have - but I don't get the single "BEEP" if I engage reverse gear with my seat belt unfastened ! ...

Seems that my car has - if that's possible - a larger IQ than me ! ...

Shheeesssshhhhh ??? ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts