2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a call from garage yesterday afternoon. Apparently my shiny new Crystal Black 1.8 ES (manual) should be available for collection this Weds! So, will soon find out what it's like to live with. Unfortunately, pressures of work at present mean it's unlikely I'll be able to give it a proper run for a few weeks. Excited any way though!

My '07 1.8 ES was approaching 5 years old, so had to replace with something. I tried for a VW Golf, but couldn't get a decent enough deal, or delivery time which fitted my requirements. So, when local garage got the new model Civic, I had to go see. I was initially disappointed by the looks of it, as I think Honda are crazy to get rid some of the things which make the current model so distinctive - triangles! But, can see that it is an evolution of the current model, so will no doubt soon get used to it, once you start seeing them on the roads. The test drive went well and it was comfortable inside. Equipment level is good and it has most of the toys I would ideally want/be prepared to pay for. The appearance didn't make it a no-brainer, I had to think about whether it was what I wanted or not. At the end of the day, I needed a new car. It was worth a punt.

Will soon find out if the gamble was worth it...

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Good luck with the new car, don't forget to post some pics...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not much. Price on my trade in was upped and got a set of mats. Didn't really expect much luck on a brand new model.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Collected it this afternoon. Looks nice. Has 'new car' smell. First impressions...

Forgot there was no start button. Had got used to having one for the past 5 years.

Darker inside. No panoramic roof to open and let the light flood in.

Visibility seems a bit improved.

Keep looking for handbrake in the wrong place. Force of habit.

Managed to get mobile to pair with car and make calls. A bit clumbsy cause didn't read manual. But, worked.

Managed to get ipod hooked up. Nice to be able to navigate and see album covers, etc. Would be nice to be able to pause playback.

LED running lights only on if light switch in off position, i.e. not whilst in auto and bright enough not to need lights.

Hope to read manual and play around with various things over the weekend. Will post photos.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Collected it this afternoon. Looks nice. Has 'new car' smell. First impressions...

Forgot there was no start button. Had got used to having one for the past 5 years.

Darker inside. No panoramic roof to open and let the light flood in.

Visibility seems a bit improved.

Keep looking for handbrake in the wrong place. Force of habit.

Managed to get mobile to pair with car and make calls. A bit clumbsy cause didn't read manual. But, worked.

Managed to get ipod hooked up. Nice to be able to navigate and see album covers, etc. Would be nice to be able to pause playback.

LED running lights only on if light switch in off position, i.e. not whilst in auto and bright enough not to need lights.

Hope to read manual and play around with various things over the weekend. Will post photos.
Seems odd, I'm sure demo car I had worked when on auto and went off as soon as dip lights came on...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Q: Why do the day running lights switch off
when the headlights are switched on?

A: It is to reduce power consumption and to
increase fuel economy. Also, the LEDs used
are very high intensity so could be dazzling for​
other drivers at night.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Q: Why do the day running lights switch off
when the headlights are switched on?

A: It is to reduce power consumption and to
increase fuel economy. Also, the LEDs used
are very high intensity so could be dazzling for​
other drivers at night.
That doesn't explain why they turn off when the lights are set to auto during the day. Sounds like a fault to me.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
looking good, how are you getting on with yours? my only problem at the moment is i think the pedals are too low on a few occasions my foot has ended up on the bar above the clutch and brake pedal. and i dont have big feet.But i had passengers today who commented how much smoother the ride is in this 9gen compared to my 8th gen and the fact they wer'nt left battered and brused after going over a few speed bumps:)

·
1.5 Sport Plus CVT
354 Posts
Sometimes i think the new civic has a slight resemblance to a stormtrooper from star wars......especially in white

I am loving the new design now.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry, laptop has stopped talking to my scanner, so I can't take a copy of page 155 of the owners manual. But, it states the following...

The daytime running lights come on when the following conditions have been met:
  • The ignition switch is in ON.
  • The headlight switch is off.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Sorry, laptop has stopped talking to my scanner, so I can't take a copy of page 155 of the owners manual. But, it states the following...

The daytime running lights come on when the following conditions have been met:
  • The ignition switch is in ON.
  • The headlight switch is off.
Understand that page 155 states that, however, what happens in reality? Others are suggesting the DRL's come on when on auto, and headlights are off, this is what I had seen on the demo car I had. However your post suggests the only way to switch on the DLR's is to switch off auto and headlights off...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts