2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the likelihood of new red-badged high revving NA petrol engines becoming as common as two horned unicorns is it likely it'll be looked at in years to come as the last great Honda?

Will people look at 'the space ship' in years to come like we do the mini cooper, e-type, Trans-Am, VW Beetle, and so on?

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
LOL ^^ wait and see then :)

I think it will but wont be as good as fd2's :)

·
Registered
698 Posts
i really hope that will happen, and it will be remembered as a last true NA hothatch, maybe it wont have the glory of DC2 or FD2 but it will always be considered "last" :rolleyes: and maybe will keep the good value too after few years :popcorn:

Thats what i was thinking when it came to buy my 3rd FN model

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
I wish that I had put in store my Lotus 7, Austin H Sprite and 3000, Spitfire, GT6, TR4 etc etc.
This time next year, I would be a millionaire Rodney.

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
but only after i've bought one hopefully [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
is a good question........ depends on definition of classic ... think it will always have a hard core of fans....

·
Registered
380 Posts
honestly i'm quite curious to see how she will be remembered. especially around here in italy. you almost never see "regular" civics, the R is a white whale. Therefore, she did not have alot of commercial success. then there's the usual issue of the speed compared to other hot hatches, with the golf gti being faster, and the R more fun to drive, but not quite like the older model, but the fn's better looking, blah blah. But all this discussion here will not even start, other people / gti drivers will gaze at you quite puzzled going like, "honda WHAT type WHAT??" One thing I can tell, today, I never see myself interested in buying another car (save for the casual lambo heh). should I (touch wood) break the car tomorrow, I'll still go for a civic, and I can see myself keeping her for many many years...

·
The Guru
4,207 Posts
I honestly think that the EK9 will be the only true 'classic' Type R.

The FN2 will always have a loyal following and will much loved by those who have owned one but I don't think it will be considered a classic.

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
The classic will not be the DC5, EP3, FD2, FN2 or any of those..... The classic already IS the K20!!!!

And.... no mater on what chassis, I will always have one of those babies in my Garage..!!

:cool:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm not sure tbh, I mean the DC2 is already a classic imo, it's already rare to find a really clean example (I should know, I owned one).

The FN2 (IMO) will unfortunately be forever remembered as "not a true Type R", the usual stigma around at. And the (again, imo) uglier FD2 will be remembered as the last great Type R :popcorn:

·
Registered
698 Posts
I'm not sure tbh, I mean the DC2 is already a classic imo, it's already rare to find a really clean example (I should know, I owned one).
Same for EP3s

The FN2 (IMO) will unfortunately be forever remembered as "not a true Type R", the usual stigma around at. And the (again, imo) uglier FD2 will be remembered as the last great Type R :popcorn:
I woundt say it is not a true TypeR, its still N/A, same engine as EP3 but yes indeed, something is missing, for example proper suspension. The next gen wont be 'true' TypeR for sure if it ever comes out.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts