2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Dealer mumbled about "extra cooling needed to get Euro 5" but frankly, i don't really believe that. I read about "new air holes needed for cooling of auto gear box", but as i'm about to buy a manual shifter, this also should not be relevant.
Did somebody have the opportunity to compare the old and new grille and got some idea if they're interchangeable? Of course there's the type-s front as extra option for the new model, but i liked the Spaceship appeal of the 06-08 model...

regards,
daniel

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Alternatively change it for the Type-R or Type-S grill

·
Registered
169 Posts
Alternatively change it for the Type-R or Type-S grill
Yes,but recently I realized that U-SHAPED metal grill is so common,makes the car somewhat ordinary.If possible replacing with the old perspex is the best idea and also rear needs old mesh looking.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for your thoughts!
Some research on the german board civic-fx.net has at least shown that the new "sports" grille - which is offered for the facelift-5-door - fits the pre-fl civic 100%. The mounting points and dimensions seem to be the same. This makes me hope that the perspex front will also fit, the other way round.
As to the "extra cooling" thing - i wonder how much air can possibly go through those small holes, compared to the lower "honeycomb" grille?
I'll try if i can get a perspex grille for reasonable money and see if it fits...

By the way: this forum & wiki have helped me a lot in my decision to buy a civic - tons of really helpful information! Thanks!

daniel

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
I'll try if i can get a perspex grille for reasonable money and see if it fits...
Try posting a Wanted thread in For Sale and Wanted.

There are quite a few members here who have replaced the cool perspex grill with the Type R grill, so there must be some lying around. :D

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Ive got 2 lying around. 1 is brand new and in perfect condition. The other one has been used and has a slight scratch on it but not to bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts