2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You may need spacers mate depends on the spokes. I had a set on my ek9 with wilwood 4 pots and there was plenty of clearance. Like said 40 offset at a min.

Hmm, its either 18x7.5 ET 42, or 18x8.5 ET 30..which i think will be too much. The guy at buddyclub did say there was loads of room behind the spokes due to the design, just dont wanna fork out £800 to find out i cant fit my BBK, or they rub.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
That's we're I bought mine from, try and get a good deal on a set of fedral RSR tyres there really good for the price. No one had any in stock when I was looking so I bought the AD08's instead. We're do you get the work done on your car? There should be a run out round north Wales again this year if your up for it.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Just been up to buddyclubuk and took my stoptech template with me, the et42 hit but the et30 cleared it by miles, however they are 18x8.5, would 18x8.5 ET 30 rub, only a 15mm drop on tein springs.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Just used the wheel calculator Wheel Offset Calculator

Says 18x8.5 ET 30 will give 12mm more inner clearance than stock but stick out a further 38mm.

Just been threading through DPG87's thread, he runs ET 42 with 15mm spacers so ET27, with a 30mm drop and only has slight issues hmmm.

One other option would be 18x7.5 ET48 with eibach 15mm spacers bring it down to ET33, not as aggressive as the above as they are 7.5 instead of 8.5 and would be ET33 with the spacers fitted.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I'm going for 18.7.5 offset 48 Andy but I'm gonna stick with standard brakes just update the pads and fluids and pipes..that's good enough for me
See i am considering this daz, what wheels you getting ? If i dont want a stoptech big brake kit then i can just buy the 48's or even the 42's.

But..if the 48's with 15mm spacers will fit and not rub then i will get them just incase i want a BBK in the future.

EDIT : Ignore the bit about spacers, the buddy club sf dont have the recess in so cant use the eibach spacers.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Anybody know if you can get away with 18x8.5 ET 40 on a 15mm drop without rubbing issues ? I know you can get away with 18x8 et40 as a lot of people are running that.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
They may rub on the rears or under hard cornering the front might catch. Ring Abp they maybe the best to talk too, I know they run 18"-8" et40 on a 30mm drop and only have issues if full laden in the back.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.