2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. Had set of these on my 8G and quite like some for my 9G. Seen lots of them for pre facelift 9g but anyone able to confirm if will fit facelift 2015 model. Hoping no changes to the door dimensions.

Any feedback appreciated as always. Guess can buy and return if not fit.

Thx in advance John

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Hi All. Had set of these on my 8G and quite like some for my 9G. Seen lots of them for pre facelift 9g but anyone able to confirm if will fit facelift 2015 model. Hoping no changes to the door dimensions.

Thx in advance John
They will fit as its only minimal cosmetic changes to the front and rear... the car is basically the same.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Don't they have a negative impact on the window rubber seals? I wanted also a pair but somebody who had ones said after you remove them the wind will wistle as the seals are affected.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts

Thx in advance John
Sorry to revive this post.
I'm also looking at getting some wind deflectors for my 2015 tourer (yet to arrive) did you source and fit any deflectors? If so please could you give me some details.
Thanks
Tony

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Hi John

Thanks for that, Followed the link you gave me and the supplier says they are not compatible for the 2015 Tourer. Did you get the same message?

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tony. Think the rear doors on a 2015 tourer maybe different to a post 2012 model. I may have got lucky as I have the hatchback

My best guess I'm afraid.

John

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
No problem my friend. I'll continue to research and post whatever useful information I find here.
Thanks for your time.

Tony

·
Registered
182 Posts
I do not expect issues with the seals while the wind deflectors are mounted. But if you remove them after 1 year, what will be the condition of the seals? Will they still block the wind noise, or it will enter the cabin easily as the seals are no longer as tight as they should be?
I would also like to buy a set, but I have a friend who tried ones on a Chevy Aveo and recommended me not to do it.

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
Must admit I'm in two minds about fitting some to my new car, while washing my old 8th gen I could see water running down the inside of the glass on my rear door.

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,423 Posts
Another benefit is if obtain the dark tinted versions they help in autumn with low suns, shining side on into your eyes causing that bright/dark/bright flickering you get in the evenings.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Must admit I'm in two minds about fitting some to my new car, while washing my old 8th gen I could see water running down the inside of the glass on my rear door.
I had the same problem as you I found that the little clips had dropped ever so slightly...so when the window was up it wasn't tight wedged the clips back up and it seemed to help the problem...Obviously water from the pressure washer will find its way in through the smallest of gaps but it did help

Reactions: The Vision

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm after some stick on type wind deflectors for my 2012 model but can't seem to find them.... There are some available for 8G but can't find for 9G...

Anyone confirm they stick on type and if possible brand or link on where to buy please?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
Same problem with the wind noise.Very annoying especialy on trips...i even added silikon but nothing.Same level windnoise

DIY stick on,it's propably to do when winter comes.For now,as i need them most for the rain,are off...

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I bought Team Heko ones off eBay and have had them on for about a week or two. Not had any problems with them so far...

Here's a photo with them on.. to be honest as style goes they're very subtle but I like them!

P.S. They come with clips and tape to fit them but I didn't bother with the clips

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bought Team Heko ones off eBay and have had them on for about a week or two. Not had any problems with them so far...

Here's a photo with them on.. to be honest as style goes they're very subtle but I like them!

P.S. They come with clips and tape to fit them but I didn't bother with the clips
Thanks, are they okay to fit without the clips? I didn't want to use clips hence was considering alternatives to heko ones....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts