2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of these from Climair, I liked these ones as they sit close to the window and have a nice light tint to them. They were very easy fitted into the window channel, (5 mins total fitting:)), but just a word of warning to anyone else thinking of fitting them, they have a 10mm edge to them that fits into the channel, but for some reason the straight edge that fits in where the wing mirror is (front bit) has 20mm. When I was putting the window up slowly, inch at a time as they recomend doing, I heard a CRACK:(, and the window went back down again, took the deflector off and it had a 1 inch long piece broken of the edge and a hairline crack in the main part of the deflector, so to get the window to move up and down in the channel with the deflector fitted , I had to cut of a 10mm strip of the front edge using a hacksaw and when I refitted them they worked perfectly:D, so if you are thinking of fitting these I would do this first, as I was lucky it didnt crack the deflector in two bits:(... I really like them, and as I like to have the window down a bit for some fresh air, I can now do this without getting soaked and water running in round the electric window switches:D...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Yeah thats right same as me too...... it didnt crack the deflector in two bits so 10mm too long I had to remove slight edge off after that it works great !!!!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just a quick word to say I fitted these to my Type R, without any problems at all! Strange that other Civic owners have had to cut there's. I would have said that this would be a design fault by ClimAir...

·
Premium Member
6,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a quick word to say I fitted these to my Type R, without any problems at all! Strange that other Civic owners have had to cut there's. I would have said that this would be a design fault by ClimAir...
Now that is strange:confused:.. I would assume that the Type S and Type R would be the same body shape, but without cutting 10mm of mine is was never going to work, just wonder if "Climair" have actually fitted a set of these to a Civic, and what they would have to say about it??

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Halfords now do these, tinted and fitted to the car, however I don't know the make.... seriously tempted, I like them here, but have never really liked them on other cars.....

Tom

·
Premium Member
6,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Halfords now do these, tinted and fitted to the car, however I don't know the make.... seriously tempted, I like them here, but have never really liked them on other cars.....

Tom
The ones in Halfords are the same as mine "Climair", they worked out at £60, they diddnt mention fitting, but it might be the way to go, as if they do any damage when fitting, they can replace them:D

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Exactly my thoughts, I wonder what they do to your MPG???? Up down or indifferent?

Tom

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Anything that adds to the drag on a car, however small, will cause a loss in economy. Hence the rocketship doorhandles, no wind based indicator lamps etc etc. Might not make a lot of diff but when all added up over a life time, it makes a difference.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Hmmm, however it should increase the MPG you would be getting with the windows open, surely???

I agree, that anything added or even stock will cause wind resistance....... hmmmm I wonder can I smooth my doors hadled more to decrease their drag....... wanders off to find his angle grinder.... ;-)

Tom

·
Premium Member
6,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anything that adds to the drag on a car, however small, will cause a loss in economy. Hence the rocketship doorhandles, no wind based indicator lamps etc etc. Might not make a lot of diff but when all added up over a life time, it makes a difference.
Dont know about adding drag to the car, but there is a lot less wind buffeting when the window is open, so they must be doing something:)

·
Registered
414 Posts
been looking into getting a set of these for a bit and i think you have just convinced me!! they look very smart!:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
so you had to cut 10mm off the deflector? to make them fit? ive got mine sitting in my bedroom waiting to be fitted..

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got a set of these from Climair, I liked these ones as they sit close to the window and have a nice light tint to them (...)

Hi, they stayed quite nice, it doesn't harm the car design (style).
Problably I'll buy something like that ... ;)

·
**R-0571**
254 Posts
I recently bought a set of Heko deflectors from an E-Bay shop for my 2007 Type R. They look very similar to the Cimair ones above and I can honestly say they took me 5 minutes to fit.
The deflectors cost £19.70 plus £13.00 P&P from Germany and they arrived 1 week after ordering.
They were delivered in a large box which was very well padded to protect them in transit.
The deflectors are really good quality and a perfect fit and I would recommend them to anyone who is considering purchasing a set.
I had a quick look this morning and they are still available for 3 & 5 door models.

·
Banned
1,033 Posts
I got a set of these from Climair, I liked these ones as they sit close to the window and have a nice light tint to them. They were very easy fitted into the window channel, (5 mins total fitting:)), but just a word of warning to anyone else thinking of fitting them, they have a 10mm edge to them that fits into the channel, but for some reason the straight edge that fits in where the wing mirror is (front bit) has 20mm. When I was putting the window up slowly, inch at a time as they recomend doing, I heard a CRACK:(, and the window went back down again, took the deflector off and it had a 1 inch long piece broken of the edge and a hairline crack in the main part of the deflector, so to get the window to move up and down in the channel with the deflector fitted , I had to cut of a 10mm strip of the front edge using a hacksaw and when I refitted them they worked perfectly:D, so if you are thinking of fitting these I would do this first, as I was lucky it didnt crack the deflector in two bits:(... I really like them, and as I like to have the window down a bit for some fresh air, I can now do this without getting soaked and water running in round the electric window switches:D...
I had this same problem fitting mine.. my heart sank when i heard the first crack.. followed by another!

As you say, removing some of the plastic works a treat, although i just grabbed some needlenose pliers and snapped it all off! :D My thought process being 'will anyone see it? nah.. sod precision, snap it all off'

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
I recently bought a set of Heko deflectors from an E-Bay shop for my 2007 Type R. They look very similar to the Cimair ones above and I can honestly say they took me 5 minutes to fit.
The deflectors cost £19.70 plus £13.00 P&P from Germany and they arrived 1 week after ordering.
They were delivered in a large box which was very well padded to protect them in transit.
The deflectors are really good quality and a perfect fit and I would recommend them to anyone who is considering purchasing a set.
I had a quick look this morning and they are still available for 3 & 5 door models.
I also got a set of these for my 5 door, just the front two.

Took me a few minutes to install as I didn't have a clue and was afraid to snap them.

But then they fitted in perfectly, and they are a GODSEND! if its raining I can open the window to let some air in ;)

·
Registered
248 Posts
I brought similar ones for my 5 door EX. They are made by Team Heko and are great quality. No problems with fitting them as they went in first time and like Tailgate says they take about 5 mins to fit. I have had these on my previous Toyota Corolla and on the wife's Micra.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts