2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Wind deflectors

15K views 58 replies 23 participants last post by  Das 
#1 ·
Anyone get window wind deflectors for there Civic, if so where did you get them.

#3 ·
I have the HEKO ones... fit perfect, easy to do. I did use the CLIPS, easy enough. Clips on the HEKO's actually enforce a window channel that is wide enough for the glass, so ensures no strain on the windows. Not sure on the Climair ones... I guess they're good too.

Got mine for the 5 door off ebay for just under £30.

#9 ·
What are they for? purely cosmetic or serve some purpose such as having the window down a crack when having a *** to stop rain blowing in?

Reactions: paddy
#10 ·
I'm curious myself.
Never smoked personally so not a problem for me, but many's the time I've been waiting for the wife - surprise!! - and there's light rain. I would hope it stops this getting in, permitting the window to be opened as you suggested.

I'm also interested in if there's any increase in wind noise at speed - above 60 mph say.

Al.

#11 ·
I have had wind deflectors fitted on every car I have ever owned. I don’t smoke, but they help with ventilation, stops windows condensation, especially when parked up on damp days, stops the rain coming in, stops the wind coming in and cuts down on wind noise when at speed when window is open. Allows for windows to be left cracked open on hot summer days, without triggering interior ultrasonic sensors. And because they are tinted they act as a sun visor to prevent setting sun entering the side window of the car and sun burning the face of you.

#12 ·
Any noticeable drop in fuel consumption?

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Reactions: paddy
#30 ·
From what I can see the issue is with the bulky plastic clips Heko are now using, instead of the much thinner metal clips they used to use. I am also going to try trimming the plastic clips down quite a lot and tape full length with 3M to see if that prevents water ingress when washing. TBH the auto close issue goes away quite quickly, once the window learns its new position, again this is down to the bulky plastic clips imo.

#33 ·
Are there any other Wind deflectors available that are applied to the exterior, like the OEM honda ones are?

Thanks

Paul:smile3:

#34 ·
Hi Guys,

Has anyone fitted HEKO wind deflectors? I'm trying but gap where the metal clips push into seems very narrow and tight.

Thanks

Paul :smile3:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.