2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
I have the HEKO ones... fit perfect, easy to do. I did use the CLIPS, easy enough. Clips on the HEKO's actually enforce a window channel that is wide enough for the glass, so ensures no strain on the windows. Not sure on the Climair ones... I guess they're good too.

Got mine for the 5 door off ebay for just under £30.

·
What ya at
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tape and two clips that go in the window channel you have to pull out the channel rubber clips fit behind.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
What are they for? purely cosmetic or serve some purpose such as having the window down a crack when having a fag to stop rain blowing in?

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
I'm curious myself.
Never smoked personally so not a problem for me, but many's the time I've been waiting for the wife - surprise!! - and there's light rain. I would hope it stops this getting in, permitting the window to be opened as you suggested.

I'm also interested in if there's any increase in wind noise at speed - above 60 mph say.

Al.

·
What ya at
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have had wind deflectors fitted on every car I have ever owned. I don’t smoke, but they help with ventilation, stops windows condensation, especially when parked up on damp days, stops the rain coming in, stops the wind coming in and cuts down on wind noise when at speed when window is open. Allows for windows to be left cracked open on hot summer days, without triggering interior ultrasonic sensors. And because they are tinted they act as a sun visor to prevent setting sun entering the side window of the car and sun burning the face of you.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
I have had wind deflectors fitted on every car I have ever owned. I don’t smoke, but they help with ventilation, stops windows condensation, especially when parked up on damp days, stops the rain coming in, stops the wind coming in and cuts down on wind noise when at speed when window is open. Allows for windows to be left cracked open on hot summer days, without triggering interior ultrasonic sensors. And because they are tinted they act as a sun visor to prevent setting sun entering the side window of the car and sun burning the face of you.
Any noticeable drop in fuel consumption?

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

·
What ya at
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any increase in wind noise with the widows closed at speed?
Can’t say I’ve noticed anything at the National speed limit. Only fitted them on Sunday. Will be doing motorway journey tomorrow so will see if there is any noise at motorway speeds.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Seems like ClimAir don't do them for the 9th. and 10th. gen. Civics. :frown2:

The only ones I managed to find there is for the 8th. gen. and previous versions.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
I have the HEKO ones... fit perfect, easy to do. I did use the CLIPS, easy enough. Clips on the HEKO's actually enforce a window channel that is wide enough for the glass, so ensures no strain on the windows. Not sure on the Climair ones... I guess they're good too.

Got mine for the 5 door off ebay for just under £30.
Do you have a link for the seller
I can only find a company from Latvia !

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
Can’t say I’ve noticed anything at the National speed limit. Only fitted them on Sunday. Will be doing motorway journey tomorrow so will see if there is any noise at motorway speeds.
How did the motorway journey go?
Windows up, national speed limit, noise?

Al.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts