2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Matty
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

As you can see in the photo, there is condensation on the inside of the rear window and the back window slightly. This happens quite a lot of the time and im wondering if it has happened to anyone else at all or if its a common issue?

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,941 Posts
Do you have any damp carpets?

Check footwells, boot and boot compartment.

If not, then it doesn't look excessive, mine does it when it's high humidity. Bit soon clears once your rollin' with the AC on.

·
Matty
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Carpets are fine, along with boot. I do need my A/C re-gassing, which probably doesn't help due to it taking longer to clear.

i was thinking i might have a door sill that need re doing...

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
It also depends on your daily commute time. If you spend less than about half an hour with the heater and/or aircon on then the overnight damp, this time of year, never fully goes.

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
I have a car dehumidifier bag and it works well.

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
Q: Because I don't know .....

AirCon works in the summer to cool down the car and as we know it has an air drying effect

In the winter when you are not really air conditioning does it still dry the air via the aircon effect or are we relying on the heater to evaporate the damp?

·
Matty
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A car dehumidifier bag isnt a bad shout at all.

i spend around 30 mins in the car on the way to work and back. Might start to put it in the garage over night, maybe that will help.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Q: Because I don't know .....

AirCon works in the summer to cool down the car and as we know it has an air drying effect

In the winter when you are not really air conditioning does it still dry the air via the aircon effect or are we relying on the heater to evaporate the damp?
As far as I know air con absorbs moisture from interior.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts