2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weird fault today, was driving along in heavy rain put my indicator on and the rear passenger side window went down by itself (letting all the rain in). put it back up. Was waiting at some traffic light 5 minutes later and it went down again.

Think water might have got in somewhere, also my boot light no longer works.

Although my car was recently pulled apart to have a new roof blind fitted.

Advice/opinions please.

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
Well I would remove the door trim of the effected door and see what is happening.
If the switch is bad or it is water causing a short.

You could even fix if it is a switch or short.

Also press the Power Window Master Switch, this should cut all power to that door(or pull the rear passenger window fuse(if it has one for each window)

Do any of your other cabin lights work?

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've no idea when it comes to fixing electrics. the interior lights still work.

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Weird fault today, was driving along in heavy rain put my indicator on and the rear passenger side window went down by itself (letting all the rain in). put it back up. Was waiting at some traffic light 5 minutes later and it went down again.

Think water might have got in somewhere, also my boot light no longer works.

Although my car was recently pulled apart to have a new roof blind fitted.

Advice/opinions please.
all these issues relate to a bad earth in in my opinion. I expect something wasnt put back together. Im working through electrical faults on a Diesel MG ZR that I just bought (fixing it up) and know that it can be a pain to pin point.

I would take it back to where ever you had the work done and explain thats its hapening since then and get them to check the earth points. If there is a bad connection somewhere it will try and earth itself potentialy through another component in the car hence why things are working that shouldnt when you "open" another circuit in the car

1 - 4 of 4 Posts