2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I don't know if some of you have encountered the following issue:

Both my front windows rattle when being partially open and going onto small humps. They don't rattle if the windows are half open, fully open or fully closed.

Also lately the driver side window is making a sweaking noise when it is a hot day and I unwind the window down :S. Got no idea if its the rubber or the winder... tried cleaning the rubber with some silicon oil spray however no luck :S...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yeah I have the same problem with the windows rattling when opened slightly. I think a few people have this problem to be honest.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
I had the same problem with my Typs S Gt, the dealer took about 3 attempts to fix it. He ended up modifying the windows so there wasn't any room for them to rattle!

*ALSO!

I was told by the dealer that Honda Know about this problem as well, So I'd get them on it asap...

·
Aye Aye....
7,098 Posts
This is because as u open the window the 'bit' shall we call it that holds the window in place opens on the civic, whereas sensibly on other cars it closes to lock the window in place, therefore if u just partially open the window it will be top heavy and will rattle and move about, no cure I'm afraid

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
My driver window does the same.
Had it twice fixed... but it's still there.

·
I vtec'ed your mum!
1,333 Posts
Yeah I have the same problem with the windows rattling when opened slightly. I think a few people have this problem to be honest.
+1

You may have to take the cards off and espect. I've not bothered however.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had MK IV Golf previously and never had a single problem with windows or any other rattles.

I guess that Honda built quality reputatiion is slightly going down the drain...

·
I vtec'ed your mum!
1,333 Posts
Honda has great build quality... In Japan. These cars are built in the UK, where the engineers still use colour by number, and fridge magnets to communicate... However they are pretty talented at Lego.

·
Aye Aye....
7,098 Posts
You'll find that this was also an issue on the ep3, the parts for which were primarily built, I believe, in japan, it has nothing to do with flaws, build quality or any of that rubbish it's just the design and operation of the window and it's other components, nothing else

·
Registered
134 Posts
Honda has great build quality... In Japan. These cars are built in the UK, where the engineers still use colour by number, and fridge magnets to communicate... However they are pretty talented at Lego.
I agree with fonejacker, If the cars were built in japan then the quality would have been much better.

·
Give it some beans!! :)
473 Posts
:roflmao:

Well put my friend well put, lol!

on topic tho.. think most have this stupid problem, not taking mine in tho just in case the door then starts to rattle somewhere! :facepalm:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Mine does this too but not as bad as my last car. I got Volvo to fix that once but the rattle came back within weeks and it was only a slight annoyance so didn't bother again, just going to leave this one too

·
I vtec'ed your mum!
1,333 Posts
:roflmao:

Well put my friend well put, lol!

on topic tho.. think most have this stupid problem, not taking mine in tho just in case the door then starts to rattle somewhere! :facepalm:
Just stating the facts... Moral of the story, don't fix a rattle... As a new rattle will appear. My solution; leave your rattles where they are.

Think of it as, Honda give you the vtec and the thrill, in return, you need to deal with a few hiccups!

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
I had MK IV Golf previously and never had a single problem with windows or any other rattles.

I guess that Honda built quality reputatiion is slightly going down the drain...
The mk4 golf windows were crap as well,common fault was the plastic clips that hold the windows in place would snap and the window would drop into the door. This happened to both front windows:confused:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts