2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Quick question should the window clear water from it's surface when it is lowered into the door? At the moment there is still water on it when I lower it then raise it.

It's on a 54 plate type R.

Thanks
Martin.

·
Administrator
15,509 Posts
As your Type R is a 54 plate I guess we shouldn't get involed - isn't there a forum more suited to the older Civic?
Of course we should get involved, we are still here to help and advise anyone that asks a question and not just fob them off to the relevent forum imh and yes there are other forums suited to older models
To the op, i cant answer that for you but i'm sure someone will be along to answer for you;)

·
Administrator
15,509 Posts

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Everyone without a 2008 Milano Red Civic can just get out.

In seriousness, the 8G has the same problem - the trick is to either apply pressure from the inside as it winds down, or just wipe it before you get in.

·
Administrator
15,509 Posts

In seriousness, the 8G has the same problem - the trick is to either apply pressure from the inside as it winds down, or just wipe it before you get in.

Lol:D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The water is just normal rain water on the outside of the window, it has never cleared the rain off when it is lowered for as long as I can remember, someone here in work mentioned that it didn't sound normal that, so just thought I would ask if this is a normal civic thing or should I get it looked at some sort of seal has gone.

·
Registered
17 Posts

What's that got to do with water on a window?:spam:

·
Registered
17 Posts
The water is just normal rain water on the outside of the window, it has never cleared the rain off when it is lowered for as long as I can remember, someone here in work mentioned that it didn't sound normal that, so just thought I would ask if this is a normal civic thing or should I get it looked at some sort of seal has gone.
Daft question but is it raining when yu try to clear the water?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Mine has never done it either - granted your model is older but I remember there being a thread about it on the 8G too so I guess it's a Civic thing!

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Bit of a wide range there mate, don't you mean "2008 Milano Red 2.2 Type S Civic"
I don't want to be too exclusive - otherwise what happens when I need help with something? :p:rofl:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

Are the rubber sills on the windows starting to go green ?
They may need replacing ...
I hope water is not going inside your doors mate

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
1 - 20 of 75 Posts