2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something strange is going on with one of my rear windows: I have found it partially open (a couple of cm) several times, and it seems to be happening while the car is parked and engine turned off. I am guessing that since I hear that the window is opened as soon as I sit in the car, so it probably did not happen with me still inside. Also, I am sure that I did not open that window by mistake.

The first thing I checked is if I can open the window directly with my hands, but it did not budge even slightly.

Next, I have tried shutting driver's door with significantly more force that usual, to see if that could make some short in rear window switch, but it also did not work (tried tapping & gently punching that control panel, but no window movement). Of course, the key was in the ignition and windows powered.

Any idea what might be wrong? It really sucks finding your rear seat soaked by the rain :mad:

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
my guess is you are unknowingly touching the rear window switch very slightly as you rest on your drivers front door control panel when you get out of the car maybe

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Why don't you trying locking off the rear windows via the switch on the drivers door and see if it happens again?

If it does it sounds like an electrical problem, so a trip to the dealers may be required.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts