2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok just bought a 2007 civic and when looking around a few diff civic before i bought this one it seemed that the window switch surrounds (silver bits) seem to all be marked in some way or another, scratched or chipped.

Now i imagine that im not the only one then with a few chips on them, so im trying to find out if anyone has managed find a touch up paint colour that matches the colour inside the car

Any help would be great

Thanks
Steven

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
You are not the only one my friend..mine is the same! the previous lady owner wore more rings than Saturn therefore my switch panel/door handles/gear knob (now changed) are all scratched like mad.

there is the suggestion of the "eddison" pen if you do a quick search using Eddison....but I didn't rate the colour match!

scotty on here has wrapped his in Carbon fibre and they look Really smart and not too OTT I think; he has a thread on here. Give him a shout :)

Annoying isn't it...I look at the switch scratches everyday! i will be getting them wrapped in the near future!

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Mine is exactly the same so will be interesting to watch this thread. Also - I seem to have lost the illumination of the window switches on the drives side apart from the drivers side window switch? Is this common does anybody know and how do i get to replace the bulbs if they are bulbs?
Thanks

Ash

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Try pressing the buttln next to the door lock?
You may have locked the windows you see...the Same query was asked last week actually...Have a play :)

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Try pressing the buttln next to the door lock?
You may have locked the windows you see...the Same query was asked last week actually...Have a play
Thats worked!! Thanks Michael3011!

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is exactly the same so will be interesting to watch this thread. Also - I seem to have lost the illumination of the window switches on the drives side apart from the drivers side window switch? Is this common does anybody know and how do i get to replace the bulbs if they are bulbs?
Thanks

Ash
i have ended up going for the edding 780 paint marker in silver, got it for £4.00 off ebay

i dont have any huge scratches, just a couple of small chips, so hopefully it will do the trick!

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
i have ended up going for the edding 780 paint marker in silver, got it for £4.00 off ebay

i dont have any huge scratches, just a couple of small chips, so hopefully it will do the trick!
Keeps us updated on how this looks when done and i may do the same. I'm torn betweent his and the carbon fibre look!

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
Hey up lads (and ladies)!

I had some horrible chips out of my door card trims, metal tax disk fell off and did a good job on the passenger side!

I've carbon wrapped mine, and im doing a bit of wrapping for some evening work.

If anyones interested i'd be more than happy to do you lads (and ladies) trims and we can sort out a price with some kind of forum discount. :)

Link to the bits i've done on mine.
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/styling/47406-carbon-fiber-wrap.html

On page2 it shows my spoiler being wrapped :)

PS. Thanks michael :D

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts

You wont be DISappointed; but you will ALWAYS be able to see where you effectively "coloured it in!"

best of luck though :)

and no worries Scott...I want mine doing once I've saved up a little more :)

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
I think these are they from Lings. Can't be that hard to fit.
Number 10 in the lings diagram. :)

To remove youve got to take the door card off ,disconnect switches and handle cables then ten or so screws and a bunch of pegs.
Be careful not to snap the white clips when removing door card!

:) michael, if you fancy me to do it just give me a shout and we'll sort something out mate :)

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
:) michael, if you fancy me to do it just give me a shout and we'll sort something out mate :)
DEFINITELY mate...just need to wait a short time until some money comes free..YOU are my 1st choice for the work!

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
I was the one that suggested using the Edding 780 pen, and after 2 years give or take, it hasn't worn off and is still a perfect match.:D

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Hi
I am looking for a set of switch trims, even scratched ones, if anyone has a set that have been replaced they wish to sell please let me know.
Thanks James

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey up lads (and ladies)!

I had some horrible chips out of my door card trims, metal tax disk fell off and did a good job on the passenger side!

I've carbon wrapped mine, and im doing a bit of wrapping for some evening work.

If anyones interested i'd be more than happy to do you lads (and ladies) trims and we can sort out a price with some kind of forum discount. :)

Link to the bits i've done on mine.
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/styling/47406-carbon-fiber-wrap.html

On page2 it shows my spoiler being wrapped :)

Hi Scotty,
I came across your post about wrapping the door trim parts and wanted to have a go myself but if I can ask, how do you remove the silver window switch sections?
Also the gear stick surround?
Many thanks
Nicole

·
Registered
2 Posts
How to remove the silver door trim.

Can someone please tell me how you remove the window switch trim, I've pulls as hard as I dare but it's not budging, and I don't want to risk snapping it. Is there a nack to this, pictures would be helpful. I plan on wrapping the silver trim in the car in carbon fibre.
Please help.
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
You need to remove the door card, then its held on by a few screws underneath.

Did mine a while ago. If you're going to also wrap the dash, try and give it a sand to roughen it first, mine has bubbled a little, as I wrapped straight over the gloss finish

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for that, sounds like a bigger job that I thought, do you think it's possible to wrap the trim on the door without removing it.
If not, where will I find the screws to remove the door card and how many in total.
Thanks again.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts