2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently having my windows tinted and wanted the front two doing too but they have said anything on the front will be illegal?
I rang my insurance this morn and declared the mod and they even asked if I was having the fronts done too and said it didn't matter :/

Anyone have any info?

·
Its a cake, not a biscuit
2,046 Posts
Tinted vehicle windows - the rules : Directgov - Motoring

The windows that matter

The law requires that the windows on the vehicle allow at least:
  • 75 per cent of light through the front windscreen
  • 70 per cent of light through the front side windows
In most modern vehicles there is a slight tint added to the windows when they are made. If you add any more tint it’s likely to result in the windows failing to meet the legal requirements.
The rules on tinted windows don’t apply to the rear windscreen or the rear passenger windows.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah thanks for that...I went for the 100% legal option anyways, as the guy also said it carries 3points on the spot if they want to do that!

Next problem is the rear hit user the wing isn't glass so I need to somehow have that tinted...anyone know who or how lol?

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
flyeyes or spi vision (same thing in essence)

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
Talk to Mister B
he is a member that had a foreign company design pexi glass tints that sat in the lower half of the boot just perfectly and then it looked tinted.

He came to pick up Rage alloys I had last year and I didnt even notice until he took it out. Worked very well but he knows more :)

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I only did the rears, do you know what people put on the plastic under the spoiler as I once seen something on this site but can I as hell find it again.
Yeah I remember someone saying they had done it with certain type of tint, might have been rowbo or someone?

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
May have been...but they don't do the bottom part on it's own. They do all other bits on their own, just not that bit lol...may need to fire an email off

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
i did the front 50% and rears 20% but I never get pulled for the tints...its usually cos im always engaging VTEC at the wrong times :p

·
UKDM
779 Posts
Mine came with tints on and within a fortnight I had been pulled, £30 fine and had 10 days to remove them which believe me was a pain in the arse some of the glue has still not come off and this was 8 months ago.

I agree it is also only a matter of time before I reverse into something because of the rear tints

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah well with the martelius exhaust and mugen wing etc my car attracts enough attention as it is, I don't want to give the police a reason to fine me and give me points, my insurance would be sky high!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts