2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there guys,

small question, do you or would you class window tints as something you would have to declair on your insurance? or is it something youd class as removable so wouldnt bother with? cheers all :)

·
World Traveller
1,814 Posts
I would, stops people seeing in as well, there-for a security mesure, thats what my old insurer told me anyway..

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
not my personal opinion but....

when i was shopping around for insurance recently, during a quote, i opened the modification menu on the comparison sites and window tints were in the list.

make of it what you will, from what I've seen discussions on mods/insurance tend to be a right old can of worms

·
Supporter
641 Posts
You could argue its an extra security feature, they could argue its cosmetic and makes the car more desirable to thieves.
I would ring and ask either way

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
I would. For peace of mind really if anything,

If anything should happen then your covered without any hassle.

·
Supporter
641 Posts
I would. For peace of mind really if anything,

If anything should happen then your covered without any hassle.
Exactly, insurance companies are notorious for being anal about that type of thing

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

·
Honda nut
2,793 Posts
if you buy solarplexius tints which are removerble then you dont have to declair it with your insurers as they are classed as sun blinds .see the solarplexius guide . I have them there awsome !

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers for the help there guys guess ill phone them up lol, wonder if i can get away with the security rather than cosmetic.... hmm either way i guess it will cost me the "admin charge" which is a bit pathetic!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Not sure they differentiate between cosmetic and security when it comes to tints - the windows either are or aren't.

I declared mine, with Aviva they asked how much the mod was too.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
if you buy solarplexius tints which are removerble then you dont have to declair it with your insurers as they are classed as sun blinds .see the solarplexius guide . I have them there awsome !
+1
There was a set for sale on here earlier but oh wait someone bought them:biggrin:

I bought them for the reason that i dont need to declare them to the insurance.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
+1
There was a set for sale on here earlier but oh wait someone bought them:biggrin:

I bought them for the reason that i dont need to declare them to the insurance.
dislike you there! haha may have to keep on looking for some of them instead... does it make alot of difference from the outside? as good as tints if not better?

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
and owww damn! thought there was another for sale thread for these but noticed it was the one your bought :( Hate is such a strong word but i may use it here... along with other words lol

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
:nenner:

Hahahahahah

I was actually laughing to myself when i read that.

Good luck finding a set though. Will post pics and opinion when i get them.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cheers, opinions would be great, have to be honest it would mainly be for cosmetic purposes so opinions from the exterior would be ace :)

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
defintely much easier, although i have been quoted 120 for the tints which i didnt think was too bad really

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Stop
Do not put tints on your front side windows or screen.The glass will already have a tint in it from the manufacturer and it has to let in 70% of ambient light in.Anything less is Illegal so would void any insurance .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts