2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have managed to put contaminated water in my washer bottle and its blocked. I removed the washer jets and checked those but the problem most certaily lies with a blocked washer bottle/ pump.

Im intending to remove it and clean it out. Anyone know the easiest way to gain access to the washer bottle? I was thinking remove the wheel arch liner?

Anyone else know an easier way?:popcorn::confused::popcorn:

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Best way to access that is to remove the front bumper. There are three bolts holding it on and access to these isn't the easiest so bumper off is best.

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Best way to access that is to remove the front bumper. There are three bolts holding it on and access to these isn't the easiest so bumper off is best.
Dam! i was hoping to avoid that. I am assuming the three bolts are at the front? Do you think it is possiblee to access via the wheel arch all be it a little awkward?:confused:

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
I don't think you can unfortunately. If you tried it might involve twisting plastic and breaking clips. Bolt heads are forward facing if I remember rightly

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think you can unfortunately. If you tried it might involve twisting plastic and breaking clips. Bolt heads are forward facing if I remember rightly
thats a bit of a bitch then! I appriciate your help. Will have a look tonight and see what I can work out - weather permitting!

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Getting the bumper off is fairly easy mate.

Jack up one side (I had to do this as my screwdrivers were too long and my face too fat to see under there), and remove the push pins and screws on the underside near the corner, and there's a bolt further in to the centre.
Same on the other side. They're all pretty obvious.

Unclip the wheel arch trim to about half way and remove the screw on both sides.

Then it just pulls off.

Tip: Have some cardboard sat under the front in case you drop it - won't knacker the paint then.

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Getting the bumper off is fairly easy mate.

Jack up one side, and remove the push pins and screws on the underside near the corner, and there's a bolt further in to the centre.
Same on the other side. They're all pretty obvious.

Unclip the wheel arch trim to about half way and remove the screw on both sides.

Then it just pulls off.

Tip: Have some cardboard sat under the front in case you drop it - won't knacker the paint then.
yep - I will put a thick dust sheet down to rest it on - its getting anoying the washer jets only trickling water! hopefully once the bumber is of I can have good look and take the washer bottle of and clean it out. Hopefully that will solve the problem!

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Warwick - looks like my memory isn't so good sorry.

Looking at diagrams it seems if you remove the wheel, the front strake, the wheel arch trim and the whole wheel arch lining this then gives you the best access to the washer bottle.

Don't need to remove the bumper it seems even though this is the way I've done it in the past.

Three bolts holding it on, two bolt heads are facing outward sideways and the third bolt head is facing backwards.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts

Looking at diagrams it seems if you remove the wheel, the front strake, the wheel arch trim and the whole wheel arch lining this then gives you the best access to the washer bottle.

Don't need to remove the bumper it seems even though this is the way I've done it in the past.

Three bolts holding it on, two bolt heads are facing outward sideways and the third bolt head is facing backwards.
With the horrific experience I had removing the wheel arch trim to replace an indicator bulb (more push pins broken than not :() I think I'd prefer to have the bumper off!!

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
With the horrific experience I had removing the wheel arch trim to replace an indicator bulb (more push pins broken than not :() I think I'd prefer to have the bumper off!!
That's the Honda workshop way apparently, just stating their own method. The bolthead facing to the rear is a pain to access with the bumper removed, hence removal of the wheelarch lining.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
That's the Honda workshop way apparently, just stating their own method. The bolthead facing to the rear is a pain to access with the bumper removed, hence removal of the wheelarch lining.
Good to know, ta.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
I'd imagine Honda have plenty of spare clips lying around for when they break them lol.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

when you say strake did you mean strut?? mission if thats the case as it means undoing the bloooody drop link! although my recently aquired impact wrench would come in useful!:D

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
:) no not strut.... the strake is that rubber flap piece just under the front bumper held on by a couple of clips which scrapes on high stuff on the ground

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:) no not strut.... the strake is that rubber flap piece just under the front bumper held on by a couple of clips which scrapes on high stuff on the ground
oh right the nnoying thig that scrapes over speed humps since lowering my car!:D

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did this tonight. Anyone wanting to remove the washer bottle will need to remove both the front bumper and arch liner.

The culprit stopping the water flow ..... Well there's is a small gauze like filter at the bottom of the washer bottle and at a cost of £1.30 from Honda to replace! Couldn't believe all that work for something the size of a grape!

Any way it's fixed for now and all back together! Cheers for everyone's help:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts