2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need new window wipers. 675mm for the rain sensor.

Anyone know what bosch wipers I need? I find the aerotwins but they're only 650mm.

·
WARRIOR
2,107 Posts
Most people on here have replaced them with OEM as they are cheaper than the aftermarket ones, sorry i cant help other than this:(

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
I got mine replaced at Honda I read quite a few reviews and all of them said the Honda ones were best and cheaper, personally I think their very good

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Personally I wouldn't replace unless OEM. I bought Bosch ones, and they stick out like a sore thumbs. they don’t have the stream line finish as OEM. Didn't like the look, and bought OEM ones the following day. I'll have a look at the part number later on, as I still have these at home. At work at the moment.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Bought the bosch wipers

Bought the bosch wipers 2 month ago.

Check the number on the package this evening when i am home.

I find them better than the OEM.

And yes it is the long version for the drivers site rainsensor.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Bosch aerotwin A402S, but i would go back to oem.
The wiper arm sits a bit higher with the Bosch fitted & the windscreen jet washers hit them. Not a problem, just something I noticed.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Aerotwin

You'll be happy with the Aerotwin in GB, they'll wipe a slightly larger part of the windscreen because they are a bit longer. For Germany, the "originals" are better IMHO because in the range from about 170-210 km/h (105-130 mph) the Aerotwins tend to shake at their ends, making tapping noises against the windscreen - at least in my car.

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You'll be happy with the Aerotwin in GB, they'll wipe a slightly larger part of the windscreen because they are a bit longer. For Germany, the "originals" are better IMHO because in the range from about 170-210 km/h (105-130 mph) the Aerotwins tend to shake at their ends, making tapping noises against the windscreen - at least in my car.
Do they flap when not in use? Or only when being used at those speeds. Because honestly, I dont think i'll be doing 105mph + in the rain :p

On other forums I have heard good reviews about the bosch aerotwin however I could never find a part/model number thats long enough to wipe the sensor.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Do they flap when not in use? Or only when being used at those speeds...
Yes they do flap when not in use, that's the problem - I don't have the part number, they are fitted by the dealer to replace my worn out "originals", in any case the AeroTwin are a bit longer

·
Registered
488 Posts
Still can't find a definate answer on whether or not I should be buying OEM Honda wipers!? Or Bosch A402S wipers??

Seems to be a 50/50 split. Very confused as to which to buy now!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have the Bosch, not had much use but i can say they are much better because they are longer and clear more of the screen especially drivers side

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've always had PIAA silicon wipers as they are fantastic but spoke to PIAA the other day and they don't make the aero blades to fit the CTR as such. they have said however that if you know the length then you can buy from priracing by length rather than model specific ?? - £25 each and worth every penny imo.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Ended up with Bosch ones in the end! Much better than what was on. For some weird reason the drivers side wiper blade supplied in the bosch pack was a lot longer than the one on my type r. Makes me think that the previous owner had the wrong wiper!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts