2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems as tho we're near to getting the mirrors to fold on lock-down.

Now we (I anyway) would like the windows also to close on lock-down.

Any one any ideas yet???:?:

"Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!"

·
Registered
16 Posts
that would be tricky, because there's no power (to the windows) after you take the key out of the ignition.
hmmm, but the same would go for the mirrors :?

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Maybe some wind power, say from use of the rear wiper, can be harnessed and used regeneratively to close the windows on lock down? What do you think Charles?

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe some wind power, say from use of the rear wiper, can be harnessed and used regeneratively to close the windows on lock down? What do you think Charles?
jayt43

You're not trying to extract something there are you?

"Was today really necessary?"

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Yes, Charles, WIND POWER!

Alternatively, I reckon the energy created by opening and closing the glovebox (for example, when retrieving a choccy biscuit at Heston services) could also be stored and then subsequently used for the window close feature with the ignition off!

Granted, you'd have to get through a fair few Digestives for it to work, but hey, it's a start! Of course, that's made all the more possible by the fact that the glove doesn't lock. This allows the front seat passenger to open and close it like the clappers, even when someone's busy in Tesco doing their lottery numbers!!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, Charles, WIND POWER!

Of course, that's made all the more possible by the fact that the glove doesn't lock. This allows the front seat passenger to open and close it like the clappers,
I'll get told off soon for going off thread again but I'm just replying to that nice Jay man.

Because of that no lock on de glove box, (I'm quite happy with that actually!) I've got no sugestives left!!!

Definitely got no *****

"Nothing is gained by winning an argument and then losing a customer"
No comment!!!
Honda...not Pottsy!!!

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Sorry Charles :oops:

I was having a vicious moment (or two) due to some tiresome work that I'm currently doing. I'm a nice chap really, honest!

Maybe, in the future, a rear wiper can be purchased as an option? You have ABS, SRS for airbags, DSC etc. So how about the PAW system for the rear wiper? I'm sort of thinking along the lines of Eddie Murphy in Coming to America here...

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
If you have turned off the ignition, but not have opened any door yet, it's still possible to operate the electric windows. :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
that would be tricky, because there's no power (to the windows) after you take the key out of the ignition.
hmmm, but the same would go for the mirrors :?
not true. There is power for 30 seconds after removing the key. Only to close the window. Once closed, it will not be possible to open again !

·
Registered
110 Posts
My EP3 Type R (2003) didn't have the window closure feature and from what I was told Honda only offered it as an option for a short while. They pulled the plug on it due to reliability issues.

My wife's ex-husband fitted an aftermarket kit to my Civic though and it worked perfectly for the 2 1/2 years I had the car (and the brakes still worked too! ;) ). It was a feature I really appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
not true. There is power for 30 seconds after removing the key. Only to close the window. Once closed, it will not be possible to open again !

OMG so you can! Only had it 5 months :oops:

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
My wife's ex-husband fitted an aftermarket kit to my Civic though and it worked perfectly for the 2 1/2 years I had the car (and the brakes still worked too! ;) ). It was a feature I really appreciated.
completly off topic - sorry - but...

blimey! That's what I call amicable break up! :)

back on topic.

yep - I thought it was a bit longer than 30 seconds, but nevertheless, there is power supplied for a bit.

gawd only knows why the power is instantly turned off when the passenger gets out though :?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Windows and Mirrors on Lock down

Thats easy, you need to fit a relay to the permant 12 volts and into the central locking relay. Done it with my mirrors, but not yet with the windows.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats easy, you need to fit a relay to the permant 12 volts and into the central locking relay. Done it with my mirrors, but not yet with the windows.
Sounds good.

Now where can I find this central locking relay?

"Cinema goers, Please have consideration for the pirate DVD viewers and go to the loo before you watch the film!"

Charles H.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts