2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi just wondering if anyone has had full lock-down on the windows(ie when you lock the car any opened windows close)or if it is possible on the honda civic.

1.8 i-shift vivid blue 3 weeks old (love it)

·
King of the rodeo
4,830 Posts
Sadly not possible on the Civic, although I don't know why people don't just do it before they get out of the car anyway. Madness.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
i know i miss that feature from my previous car. The only way to easily have it installed is by buying a new alarm as some of the more expensive alarms have this feature. But i expect if your into your electrics there would be a way of doing this with your current setup.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
With that a/c why would you wish to open the windows anyway?

"Lady H. was looking thro' a fashion mag the other day and she saw a Mink Coat. I'd like that, she said. So I cut it out for her!"

Charles H.

·
Vivid Blue Rocks!!!
1,228 Posts
With that a/c why would you wish to open the windows anyway?
Charles H.
Because on a nice spring day (remember we had one recently :D) it's nice to drive along with the windows and sunroof open and feel at one with nature. One out two ain't bad in the Civic.

·
Rusty Nut!
611 Posts
You can open or close the windows when you turn the engine off before you open the front doors though which is better than nothing. my last car had the shut windows when you lock the doors thing, and my bf would do it everytime he drove, it really used to annoy me (I dont know why but to me it seemed stupid not putting them up before you get out) so Im glad the civic doesnt do it I just hope he remembers (when I finally let him take out my new car on his own)

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Because on a nice spring day (remember we had one recently :D) it's nice to drive along with the windows and sunroof open and feel at one with nature. One out two ain't bad in the Civic.
All those lovely filters in the a/c and you open a flippin' window?

The noise, even at 49 mph!

All them bugs flying into your hair!

And that really shows up when it as white as mine!

Windows, SHUT!

"If you drink don't drive. Don't even putt!"

Charles H.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
as good as air con is. You cant beat having the window open.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
I hate having the windows shut. Makes me feel to enclosed. Love all the windows open and the fresh air coming in. Only on a nice day of course and not when stuck in traffic with all the fumes.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Where I live it's fumes everywhere, so I'll stick to the a/c!

"I have something to tell you non-smokers that I know for a fact, and I feel that it is mt duty to pass on this sort of information at all times. Non-smokers die every day. That's it. Now I can enjoy my fag!"

Charles H.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I only ever open the windows to get the ticket at the car park I use, as I suffer from Hey Fever (Doctor said I would "grow out of it" but I'm 40 next Birthday!)

God Bless AC with Pollen Filters!

Besides when sitting in traffic, its nice to show "poor people" the layer of Ice forming on the inside of your car windows! ;)[smilie=cheeky-grin::cool:

·
Rusty Nut!
611 Posts
So it's not just me then!
Nope I cant live without aircon I also suffer with hayfever and asthma so need the windows shut as often as possible. Unfortunately my incredibly selfish bf opens his window just to annoy me as he's never suffered with any allergies! The worst thing of all is getting in the car with someone and they put the windows down when will people understand that with them down the aircon doesnt work as efficiently?

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Nope I cant live without aircon I also suffer with hayfever and asthma so need the windows shut as often as possible. Unfortunately my incredibly selfish bf opens his window just to annoy me as he's never suffered with any allergies! The worst thing of all is getting in the car with someone and they put the windows down when will people understand that with them down the aircon doesnt work as efficiently?
lol why don't you just press that window lock button. It disables all the power windows switches other than the drivers [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
The worst thing of all is getting in the car with someone and they put the windows down when will people understand that with them down the aircon doesnt work as efficiently?
It will be efficient, once it's air-conned Weston-super-Mare!

Can't you super glue that button down?

Close your eyes on the next bit Lady H.

"Too many cooks, in baking rock cakes, get misled by the word rock!"

Charles H.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts