2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently possibly due to the cold weather I have noticed I'm getting a lot of clicking noise coming from the lower left-hand side of my windscreen but seems to ease up slightly once the car body has warned up, is this a common fault and what to be done to fix it ?

ManU

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
I had this noise on mine.

Honda cut the windscreen and stuck it back in last week, not a single noise from it since.

I got it done under warranty, I was quizzing the service manager on what it is they do to rectify this and he tried to tell me they use a different bond and have done hundreds of civics with the same problem.

I've seen a civic with the front screen out, and there is a hard foam strip about 2 feet long and 30mm wide that sits between the dash and the aperture that the screen bonds to.

Personally I think the window rubs against this and this is what causes the click/creak noise as its a kinda hard foam material.

I also don't think that honda use a different bond as my wife works for autoglass and they haven't had any bulletins about this. I think they "double the bead" of bond along the bottom of the screen to lift it off the foam part I'm talking about.

The reason I joined this forum was because my CTS had developed a water leak and after reading a few posts about windscreen creaks my wife took it to work for one of the techs to check the screen.

After cutting the screen out he said that there was no primer on parts of the screen aperture and too much bond on other parts of the screen so it was a water leak waiting to happen.
So I came to the conclusion that my CTS had been in for this previously at the dealers and obviously not done right.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
This was also driving me mad too, I found it to be caused by grit and dirt caught underneath the plastic covers on the lower part of the windscreen. Just pull it apart slightly and jet wash it out or use a leather to remove the dirt. Its not a great design I must admit!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts