2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Has anyone experience serious mist/condensation on the inside of their civic windscreen in the really cold weather(usually when its got ice on the outside)? Putting my blowers on full takes a good 5 mins to clear it.

Is there a way to stop it? Should it even happen?

Cheers guys!

·
The Guru
4,207 Posts
Every car does this! Its just down to the A/C. If you leave the blower in the car it doesnt happen.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi
Has anyone experience serious mist/condensation on the inside of their civic windscreen in the really cold weather(usually when its got ice on the outside)? Putting my blowers on full takes a good 5 mins to clear it.

Is there a way to stop it? Should it even happen?

Cheers guys!
Hi
Yeah mine does this too,bloody annoying,i sometimes even get drips running down the windscreen which really annoy me when they dry,only to leave a scanky mark which shows up worse with oncoming headlights!
Having the a/c on helps,but can still take a 10 mile journey to clear it completely.I guess cars are made more air tight too now days which doesn't help.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Some mornings mine has moisture on the inside, only If the night before I have used the blowers as the temp drops causes water on the inside of the window but if car has been standing all day the next morning the inside is fine. This is common on every car so don't worry I just keep a micro fibre cloth to hand and give a dry off, alternatively use the air con? This also happens to my wife's fiesta.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea its really annoying when you need to be away and cant see! Just didn't think a car as new and modern would do it really..

But thanks and i shall try the A/C option in the morning!

Cheers!!

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
leave the A/C on for at least a week when driving, it should pull the moisture out of the car....

but it is best to leave aircon on all the time!!

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
leave the A/C on for at least a week when driving, it should pull the moisture out of the car....

but it is best to leave aircon on all the time!!
+1

I just leave mine an auto all the time and very rarely get condensation on the inside. When I do it only takes about 30 seconds to clear.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
has no one tried vinegar?? really? Its great in helping to reduce the build first thing. 1part to 3parts water in a spray bottle once a month, helps so much. i even use it on the outside the night before i know its going to be frosty and it helps in the mornings no frost lol

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
I noticed that too in my 2.2 diesel it takes ages for the heater to blow hot air compared to my prev car which use to heat up in few mins from cold!

Thought it's just a diesel thing, as this is my first diesel...

I rarely use a/c unless its boiling hot in the summer, trying to save on the fuel lol

But I do have the heated windscreen option, which i've used and does the job clearing the windscreen in couple of mins or quicker if condensed!

I thought most civics would have this option, or maybe with only climate control ???

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
I noticed that too in my 2.2 diesel it takes ages for the heater to blow hot air compared to my prev car which use to heat up in few mins from cold!

Thought it's just a diesel thing, as this is my first diesel...

I rarely use a/c unless its boiling hot in the summer, trying to save on the fuel lol

But I do have the heated windscreen option, which i've used and does the job clearing the windscreen in couple of mins or quicker if condensed!

I thought most civics would have this option, or maybe with only climate control ???
It's better to use the air-con to clear the windscreen of condensation. Does the job much quicker than warm air and you don't even have to wait half an hour for the engine to warm up :D

As above, pressing the defrost/demist button will stick the vents to windscreen, blowers to Max and AC on for quick demisting ;)

You should run the AC for at least 30 mins every couple of weeks anyway to keep it at its best.

I assume you mean heated rear windscreen? All Civics come with this as standard. None have front heated windscreens as its patented by Ford.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.