2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Windscreen condensation

Windscreen 
18K views 38 replies 28 participants last post by  AdamDuerden 
I noticed that too in my 2.2 diesel it takes ages for the heater to blow hot air compared to my prev car which use to heat up in few mins from cold!

Thought it's just a diesel thing, as this is my first diesel...

I rarely use a/c unless its boiling hot in the summer, trying to save on the fuel lol

But I do have the heated windscreen option, which i've used and does the job clearing the windscreen in couple of mins or quicker if condensed!

I thought most civics would have this option, or maybe with only climate control ???

It's better to use the air-con to clear the windscreen of condensation. Does the job much quicker than warm air and you don't even have to wait half an hour for the engine to warm up :D

As above, pressing the defrost/demist button will stick the vents to windscreen, blowers to Max and AC on for quick demisting ;)

You should run the AC for at least 30 mins every couple of weeks anyway to keep it at its best.

I assume you mean heated rear windscreen? All Civics come with this as standard. None have front heated windscreens as its patented by Ford.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
I havent noticed the a/c coming on when i press the demist/defrost button... the top button on the controls is the heated windscreen button I assume...like you say puts blower on full to clear the front windscreen quickly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.