2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Heavy Footed!
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has got out of hand!!!! Ever since ive had the CTR, ive been getting rattles and squeeks from the front of the car, around the dash and window area.

A month or two ago, i took it back to the dealer, explained what i was hearing and to be told there was nothing he could do, and once more people get have the same issue, then Honda will do something about it!

A few months passed, and driving down the road from some shopping today, and i heard from what can only be described as "the windscreen about to fall out the car". Every turn i did, every bump in the road and every breath i took made the thing rattle like mad!!!

I got home, and rang the dealer back... Explained my "new" findings to only be told "there is a recall on this". I booked it in to be seen, and bloody well sorted too!

Which begs my thinking..... Why does it take a phone call to them from the buyer to get a "recall" fixed?! Surely with all the current car problems going on, they would be hot on the case!!!!

Not impressed with Honda at the mo :mad:

·
Registered
631 Posts
result mate hope you get it sorted,
you didnt happen to get a recall code or anything like that did you, i have the rattle as many others do but does not sound anywere near as bad as yours.

·
Heavy Footed!
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
result mate hope you get it sorted,
you didnt happen to get a recall code or anything like that did you, i have the rattle as many others do but does not sound anywere near as bad as yours.
Ill get more details hopefully when i see them.

Ive got a few bones to pick with them while im there

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Yeah i too would be interested in any more info you could get hold of!

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Am keen to hear your details, may help me get the odd creak I get from the front sorted!

·
Heavy Footed!
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could it be this?

Especially If water or snow packs up or freezes inside the cowl, things can sound pretty nasty...
Could quite possibly be, but i dont feel confident on doing that myself.

While im there, im going to explain again about the rear creaks when its been left for more than a few hours.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have experienced the 'windscreen ' creaking syndrome myself and think I will try the fix suggested to the tape under the surround. As for the creaking from the back, assuming it isn't the shocks I believe that my car suffers from noise generated from the rear brakes on initial start up. I find if I give the brakes a gentle dab or two the noise dissappears immediately. Must get round to inspecting the pads!

·
Heavy Footed!
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got backfrom the dealership, along with a bottle of oil lol.

Good news, they could find the source of the rattle, but couldnt fix it today. They need to completly remove the entire windscreen, and then reset it back again. They didnt have enough staff to do it today, and will get a call tomorrow to get it re-booked back in and completed.

While i was there, the lovely receptionist was telling me about the recalls on the 1.8 civic (fusebox), the CRV (fuel pipe) and also the JAZZ (everything basically). I explained my concern with the **** paint, and how thin it is. She agreeded its not the best, and seemed disapointed herself with her cars paint too (civic).
I explained i do alot of reading online (mainly here) about the civics, and that its a know problem, but Honda dont seems to want to do anything about it.

Maybe we should get a potation up, and then forward this to HUK and see what they say or do about it.

Ill report back once my rattly windscreen is complete.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I cured my squeaking windscreen last year using the method explained in Mortens link above.
It solved the problem completely.

However when there is a little frost or snow around, the squeaks come back with a vengeance. The reason seems to be when the car is parked it ices up and as soon as you drive it the bodyshell flexes around the windscreen causing the ice to cracked and rub against itself, hence the noise. I switch the windscreen demist button on and after a couple of minutes all is well. Presumably because the ice has melted.

Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
However when there is a little frost or snow around, the squeaks come back with a vengeance. The reason seems to be when the car is parked it ices up and as soon as you drive it the bodyshell flexes around the windscreen causing the ice to cracked and rub against itself, hence the noise. I switch the windscreen demist button on and after a couple of minutes all is well. Presumably because the ice has melted.

Hope this helps
Exactly, well explained! When it's really cold (like a norwegian winter...) the windscreen demist button doesn't help either... You just have to wait until warmer weather arrives...!

·
Geordies!!!!:-):-)
1,839 Posts
only just found this thread...but i also have had this with my windscreen but only a few times along with the (squeeking clutch),so when my car was in for the recall on monday i asked them to check it because i to was worried as when i went over bumps etc it felt like the whole screen was going to cave in.
honda couldnt find anything(so they say)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just wondering if there is any further information available on the recall? I would love to get this fixed.

·
1,839 Posts
Just wondering if there is any further information available on the recall? I would love to get this fixed.
i didnt know anything about this recall...but when i mentioned it they couldnt find anything and didnt say anything about a recall on this!!!

a question for you robj....how you finding the crawley branch now,i had nothing but problems with them.

·
Heavy Footed!
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
only just found this thread...but i also have had this with my windscreen but only a few times along with the (squeeking clutch),so when my car was in for the recall on monday i asked them to check it because i to was worried as when i went over bumps etc it felt like the whole screen was going to cave in.
honda couldnt find anything(so they say)
Yeap, the same symptoms as me, sounded extremely loose when turning the car, or going over bumps in the road. give them a call, get it booked in

There isnt an offical recall as of yet so the receptionist has told me, but i would defo recommend taking it in for a check, regardless of it only happens in the winter... It shouldn't happen at all!

·
Heavy Footed!
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just had a call back from Honda (bout time) and they have to completley remove the windscreen which requires Auto glass to be onsite!

Its been booked for Tuesday 2nd, so ill keep you posted... Unless it falls out before hand!

·
1,839 Posts
Just had a call back from Honda (bout time) and they have to completley remove the windscreen which requires Auto glass to be onsite!

Its been booked for Tuesday 2nd, so ill keep you posted... Unless it falls out before hand!
haha...i had this yet again on the weekend,dam thing!!:mad:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts