2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My windscreen became incredibly loose one side after hitting one of very many pot holes around where I live. After having a look, it seems that on the driver's side, the plastic trim that goes from the bottom of the windscreen, all the way up and continues over to the back of the car has become unclipped. When I pull the trim up a little, i can see a coloured clip that it looks like it holds the screen down but quite clearly loose (the other side of the windscreen has zero play or movement on the trim).

Anyone had the problem before? The car is not very drivable because it makes such a horrendous noise unless i hold my hand on the screen. Luckily the seal is still water tight, although it's probably just sitting on its own weight.

I don't want to start pulling trims off if there's a simple fix :)

Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
17,938 Posts
Welcome to:civinfo:

Not heard of that before, check the Ling's Honda site for exploded diagrams and part numbers.

·
Unofficial Trader
1,295 Posts
That coloured plastic you see is just a clip and is replaceable. Your windscreen is bonded to your car. I don't think it is loose. If it was, it would slide off to be honest. I think the noise you are hearing is the external wind pushing against the windscreen which is making the loose parts outside move around the glass. Stop pushing against the windscreen so you don't end up pushing it out!!!. Try to get the clips and just replace the whole length of clips on that side of the glass.

Cheers,
M

1 - 3 of 3 Posts