2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My Windscreen rattles and my main dealer has acknowledged the issue but they have said it is not covered under warranty. They have said the issue is with the bonding on the inside of the screen where it contacts with the dash.

Has anyone had this done under warranty as the wiki article states:

http://www.civinfo.com/wiki/index.php?title=Windscreen_rattles

If so does anyone has any documents from Honda detailing it was done under warranty so I can take it to my dealer? As they want me to pay £400+ to have it replaced which isn't fair in my veiw.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Don't see why it wouldn't be covered by warranty, I wouldn't consider the windscreen a perishable part.
Might be worth ringing Honda UK and see what they say.

·
Premium Member
6,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its an extended Honda Warranty if that makes a difference

·
Premium Member
6,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't see why it wouldn't be covered by warranty, I wouldn't consider the windscreen a perishable part.
Might be worth ringing Honda UK and see what they say.
Just rang them, waiting to hear from them

·
Registered
171 Posts
Mine rattled really bad before i fit my eibachs. I found it was easier to remove the top nuts on the strut without the trim in place. since i did that job the rattle has gone and hasn't returned as yet. It just clips in place and you don't have to remove washers or anything and it easily clips in place. Just check there is no muck or debris in the felt before clipping back in place.

·
Premium Member
6,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
6,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honda UK called back, they agreed to pay for everything minus £100 which they want me to pay

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
IMO they should pay for the whole thing under warrenty :neutral:, better than footing the whole bill though I guess.

·
Premium Member
6,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
IMO they should pay for the whole thing under warrenty :neutral:, better than footing the whole bill though I guess.
thats what I said!! I'm happy and not happy.

·
Premium Member
6,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
after moaning they are paying for the whole thing

·
Train Driver Stu
323 Posts
Good show! Quite right too. But it really annoys me that you have to push and push and moan etc. You would think in the current climate Honda would want to keep their customers happy, after all it could be the difference between keeping a customer and losing one. Apparently not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts