2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a chip on my 2015 Civic. Too big for repair so replacement required.

Ins Co send me to Autoglass. Anyone had any windscreens on Civic replaced and have any feedback. Are they all the same or are there different colour shadings etc like I had on a previous Altea.

Finally any issues with the radar collision avoidance system after replacement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
305 Posts
Not had a Civic screen replaced but Autoglass did replace my BMW screen

The fitter was very knowledgable and did a perfect job

But I think there's some luck involved, I've heard about other fitters who break trim, dont seal correctly etc etc so it all comes down to who you get

I would have thought radar collision is done with a sensor in the grille, nothing to do with the windscreen I'd think. Unless you mean the road sign recognition camera thing ?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi the radar thingy, can’t remember the initials is it CBRT or something, the sensor is windscreen mounted above the rear view mirror.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
I had a screen replaced by Auto Windscreens --not Autoglass.
The good news is the sensor/camera whatever in the windscreen did not require recalibrating, and they fitted a genuine Honda screen.
The bad news is the animal they sent to replace the screen broke 2 bits of trim-- the side trim which continues along the roof, and the scuttle trim. Luckily my insurance company who recommended Auto Windscreens chased this up, and after they removed and refitted the screen and sent a proper fitter out to replace the broken trims , all was well-almost, as I found months afterwards one of the washer jets they had removed was wobbly, but by then I had lost the will to do anything. The replacement trims cost Auto Windscreen about £500 + vat, and they had to give me £100 compensation.

My screen broke in July 2017, and it was November before it was resolved to my satisfaction.
So it depends on the fitter--good luck !

I should add that I have had screens repaired and replaced on previous cars with no problems, this time I was unlucky !

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
As per a recent post, the ctba system does not require recalibration and uses a LIDAR system to function.

Can't remember fully, but you may need a calibration if you have LKAS / DASP, other than that, you are in the clear.

If you want to test the ctba system after fitting, try rolling towards parking barriers with high vis markings, not braking but ready to should the system not activate - I take no blame if you roll into it

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
If you use Autoglass they will come back to you to tell you that the Lidar needs recalibration.
It doesn't need doing but they seem to want a sign off from a Honda dealer so that they can't be held responsible for any accident that occurs after they have changed the windscreen. I had weeks of emails from them - they just won't back off until Honda see the car and sign it off as OK.

Sent from my HUAWEI M2-A01W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers guys - arranged the autoglass visit and got all the emails re calibration etc.
Fitter turned up with new windscreen but was actually able to repair it so no new screen required after all that!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts